Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #58: All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  All the Crooked Saints
Author:  Maggie Stiefvater
Expected Publication Date:  October 10th, 2017


Here is a thing everyone wants:
A miracle.

Here is a thing everyone fears:
What it takes to get one.


Any visitor to Bicho Raro, Colorado is likely to find a landscape of dark saints, forbidden love, scientific dreams, miracle-mad owls, estranged affections, one or two orphans, and a sky full of watchful desert stars.

At the heart of this place you will find the Soria family, who all have the ability to perform unusual miracles. And at the heart of this family are three cousins longing to change its future: Beatriz, the girl without feelings, who wants only to be free to examine her thoughts; Daniel, the Saint of Bicho Raro, who performs miracles for everyone but himself; and Joaquin, who spends his nights running a renegade radio station under the name Diablo Diablo.

They are all looking for a miracle. But the miracles of Bicho Raro are never quite what you expect.

Maggie Stiefvater has been called “a master storyteller” by USA Today and “wildly imaginative” by Entertainment Weekly. Now, with All the Crooked Saints, she gives us the extraordinary story of an extraordinary family, a masterful tale of love, fear, darkness, and redemption.


Hmmm... Miracles....what an interesting concept!  And I'm interested in seeing how "miracles" would play into this story!



So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

34 comments:

  1. Can you believe I still have to read one of her books? I know :( I agree with you, though, the concept sounds very interesting and I hope you have a great time with it when you get the chance to read it :)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet read any of her books, though everyone who has raves about her - I must track her down! Thank you for sharing this one. My Can't Wait offering is a YA sci fi adventure set in Austin, Texas right now - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/09/27/cant-wait-wednesday-27th-september-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rather curious about this one! I loved her Shiver series but never got interested in her Raven Boys series. This one I will likely read...at some point! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read the Raven Boys series yet, but I'm interested in this book!

      Delete
  4. I have it on my wishlist, too *smile* Seems like we have some authors in common. Great pick.
    Sorry that it took me a week to respond to your last WoW.
    My current WoW

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just about to start this book, and I'm so excited. I heard a somewhat negative review about it from my friend so I'm a bit nervous. I hope we both love it :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of this author because I haven't read a book by her that I've liked but I would like to try this one someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read one book by this author so far and I enjoyed it. So hopefully this book will be good!

      Delete
  7. Great pick. "The Scorpio Races" is my favourite novel from Maggie. I hope you enjoy this one.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    Halloween Book Bingo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm waiting for this one too and I already added it to my Christmas list (Hubby usually asks for a list of books). I read Shiver years ago and really need to read more by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES YES YES and more YES because I love Maggie Stiefvater and I love the sound of this book. YESSSSS.

    MY CWW: https://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/09/cant-wait-wednesday-batman-nightwalker.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG yes I can't wait for this one she is one of my auto-buy authors! I can't wait to see what more she has cooked up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds super interesting! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very excited for this one myself! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to reading this, also. I hope we both enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am seeing this book around a lot! Great pick!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited to have new Maggie Stiefvater!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAAAAAY!!! I featured this one myself on one of my "Can't Wait Wednesday" posts! So I can't wait for it to release, either!! GREAT pick!! Hope we both enjoy it!! :)

    So sorry for the late comment back..... :(

    Thanks for ALWAYS commenting on my CWW post!! HUGS!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this cover! Its so eye catching. I'm sure this will be another good one from Stiefvater.

    ReplyDelete