Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #53: Top 10 Books I've Enjoyed When I First Started Blogging


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's top 10 Tuesday topic is "Top 10 Books I've Enjoyed When I First Started Blogging."  I actually first started reviewing books way back in 2008, but I didn't start blogging until 2012, so this list has books that I have enjoyed when I first started blogging back in 2012.

So here's my top 10 Books I've Enjoyed When I First Started Blogging (in no particular order, of course, along with links to my reviews)!


1.  The Sneetches and Other Stories by Dr. Seuss




This was the first book that was featured on my blog and it definitely deserved this spot for being one of Dr. Seuss' most iconic and important stories out there with its theme of prejudice and racism and how one must deal with these situations.


2.  The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley




This was the first historical romance book posted on my blog, even though I had read other historical romances prior to this book.  But this book has a special place in my heart for portraying Ian's condition in a positive light and I really appreciated the book for doing that!


3. Astonishing X-Men Series by Joss Whedon



CONFESSION TIME!  This was the very first X-Men comic I had read and it has definitely made an impact on me as a long time X-Men fan that it has become one of my most favorite X-Men comics of all time!



4. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley




The third book in Jennifer Ashley's "Highland Pleasures" and is probably my most favorite book in the series as it portrays domestic abuse in a dramatic and negative light and I loved the way that this book handled such a sensitive issue.


5.  The Fool and the Flying Ship by Eric Metaxas




This is my most favorite picture book of all time!  Not only because of Robin Williams' stellar narration, but because of the creative artwork by Henrik Drescher!  These reasons alone are why this picture book had to be featured on my blog when I first started blogging!


6.  Wolverine: Weapon X by Barry Windsor-Smith





This was the first "Wolverine" comic book I had ever read and it made quite an impact on me as I'm a huge fan of Wolverine and this was probably one of the most iconic books from the Wolverine comics!



7.  Klutz by Henrik Drescher





Another classic picture book written and illustrated by Henrik Drescher and was probably one of the weirdest yet most creative children's books I had read in a long time and it was definitely one of the first children's books featured on my blog!


8.  X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills by Chris Claremont





Probably one of the darkest "X-Men" comics I had ever read, this comic has definitely made a huge impact on me as it was great having a comic book that actually explores the ugliness of racism and prejudice on such a deep level.



9.  Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning





This was the first book where I was introduced to Karen Marie Moning's works and was the first paranormal romance book that I had posted on this blog, which was quite full of impact as it was a paranormal romance that took place in another country (in this case Ireland).



10. X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga by Chris Claremont






Finally, I had to feature this classic "X-Men" story that not only cemented my love for "X-Men" in general, but was also the most iconic story from the "X-Men" franchise!



17 comments:

  1. You know my first X-Men exposure was the 90s cartoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I loved Darkfever.
    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "Darkfever". It was one of the first books I read when I started my blog.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I may have to grab some of the kids books for my kids. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read an X-Men comic. In fact, I'm not even sure I've ever actually read a comic at all (the horror!). However, I'd have to say that I'm impressed with the wide range of realistic topics they manage to address. They may seem simple, but there's so much there than just pictures. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of embarrassed that I haven't read any of these, not even the Sneetches. :-O Oh well. Such an interesting group of books! Great post! Thanks for visiting my top 10 post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, Darkfever! That one's been on my TBR for a while. I need to read it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Fever series is STILL on my TBR mountain! I must get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice list, one can never go wrong with X-Men. :-)

    ReplyDelete