Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #57: The Ravenous by Amy Lukavics




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  The Ravenous
Author:  Amy Lukavics
Expected Publication Date:  September 26th, 2017


From the outside, the Cane family looks like they have it all. A successful military father, a loving mother and five beautiful teenage daughters. But on the inside, life isn't quite so idyllic: the Cane sisters can barely stand each other, their father is always away, and their neglectful mother struggles with addiction and depression. 

When their youngest and most beloved sister, Rose, dies in a tragic accident, Mona Cane and her sisters are devastated. And when she is brought back from the dead, they are relieved. But soon they discover that Rose must eat human flesh to survive, and when their mother abandons them, the sisters will find out just how far they'll go to keep their family together.




Wow!  A horror story about a ghost girl having to eat human flesh to stay alive?  Sounds really interesting yet creepy at the same time!




So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

34 comments:

  1. Oh man! How did I miss this one?! I still need to read Amy's book from last year but I must remember to add this one to my list!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems a very creepy novel. Perfect for a Halloween reading. I hope you enjoy it.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    Halloween Book Bingo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one once before and omg it looks so creepy, based on the cover alone! I'm not into horror so I would be avoiding this one. D: I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful day, Ronyell. =)

    Check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is one of the creepiest book covers I think I've ever seen. Interesting concept too. Definitely the perfect read for October. Hope you enjoy this one!

    CWW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need this one NOW! I featured it what seems like months ago. At least we don't have much longer to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one. It sounds like it will be on the scary side. Perfect for this time of year. I hope you get to read and enjoy it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one that I am pretty excited for too. Sounds super creep! Nice pick.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow definitely interesting and kind of creepy too. I will add this to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez, this sounds creepy as heck! I was going to say I hope you enjoy reading this, but.... yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect Halloween read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy the book when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds scary and spooky ~ Great timing for Halloween reading. Enjoy!

    Renee ~ My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm not into the horror genre AT ALL. I'm too much of a BIG CHICKEN, haha! But I feel very strongly about commenting back when someone comments on my blog, so here I am!

    I do hope you enjoy this one, Ronyell!

    Thanks for commenting on my CWW post!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow that cover and synopsis O.O I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh this looks so chilling and spooky! Hope you enjoy when you read it :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any books by Amy yet, but I've heard good things.
    I hope you enjoy this one :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a dark cover *smile* And you are right, the summary sounds really interesting. Hope you´ll enjoy your pick.
    Here is my WoW

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete