Friday, September 22, 2017

Book Blogger Hop #30: September 22nd - September 28th




Hello everyone! I'm participating in another book meme called the Book Blogger Hop which is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer!  Basically, you just answer weekly questions and then post up your link on the question's page.


This week's question is : 

 This week's question is submitted by   Kristin @ Lukten av Trykksverte!

In regards of Banned Books Week (www.bannedbooksweek.org/), what are your favourite books that has been banned or challenged?


Oh!  I'm a huge advocate for banned books!  I have always loved reading books that were either challenged or banned since I was interested in the reasons about why the books were being banned and when I found out those reasons, it just made reading the banned books even more interesting!  Some of my most favorite books that were challenged or banned were:

1. The Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series by Alvin Schwartz
2. The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
3. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
4. A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
5. Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
6. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
7. Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam
8. In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
9. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling


17 comments:

  1. Whaaat? Where the Sidewalk Ends is banned? That's so crazy! And yay for Saga! :) awesome list!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these are ridiculous to ban. I want to know why. :)

    All the books I read in high school are banned. LOL!!

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Harry Potter books were banned because of the use of magic in the books, the Lorax was banned because some people thought that it was insulting the logging industry, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series was banned because of the scary illustrations in the original series and In the Night Kitchen was banned because of a few images of a child being naked.

      Honestly, I don't think that any of these books should be banned since they were all good to read!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful list!! I really need to give Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark a re-read soon! I LOVED that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great list of books. I've always been fascinated by people's reasons for wanting to ban books myself (although I think most of the reasons are rather dumb).

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I like reading banned books for those reasons too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell me I shouldn't read something and I want to read it more. :-) I always have been that way, even as a child. I don't agree with book banning either. I am always surprised by the books that people want to ban. Harry Potter. Shel Silverstein. Dr. Seuss. It's crazy. I hope you have a great weekend, Ronyell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way too. I always found banned books to be interesting because it's like that forbidden fruit you're not supposed to eat, but you eat it anyway!

      Delete
  7. Seriously, The Lorax?! What are people afraid of? That a generation may grow up to actually give a crap about the world they live in? 🙄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered about that too. Seriously, why ban the Lorax of all books?

      Delete
  8. I love how all of the books (or most) are children's books. I don't really see anything objectionable about them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it IS ridiculous to see which books are being challenged or banned. Banning Dr. Seuss certainly does seem silly! However, I think people are getting unnecessarily upset about the banning. We're NOT talking about the GOVERNMENT banning books for ADULTS. Instead, this is about banning certain books for SCHOOL LIBRARIES. I do think that certain books can be very harmful to children and young teens, if they're not emotionally ready for them. So it makes sense to ban them in school libraries. Those parents who want to allow their kids to read ANY type of book can take the kids to their local public library.

    The only books on your list I'm familiar with are the Harry Potter books, which I LOVE!! However, I would not let a young child read these books. There are some very disturbing parts in them. As for the magic, heck, it's totally harmless!! Lol.

    I will investigate the other books you've listed.

    Thanks for sharing! Thanks as well for commenting on my BBH post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You won't believe why the banned the lorax for it was absolutely a ridicules reason too banned that book. I really liked reading the lorax when I was a kid but my absolutely favorite dr suess book that I read will always be green eggs and ham. I think I read that book a million times when I was a kid in school. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop last week Ronyell.

    ReplyDelete