Wednesday, September 27, 2017

☀Daily Book Chat #16: ☀ Reviewing Slumps...Can it Happen?



 Hello everyone! Welcome to my  ☀Daily Book Chat☀ where I do some SERIOUS discussions that fellow book fans will get a kick out of and relate their thoughts about the subject to other book fans!

Today's discussion question is Reviewing Slumps...Can it Happen?


So, you're a book blogger who has been reviewing books for most of your book reading career and then suddenly, you hit a ROCK.  Your creative juices in writing reviews had run out and you feel like that you just don't want to review books anymore since reviewing the little suckers has become a bit of a chore for you.


Can this happen for any book reviewer?


OF COURSE IT CAN!!!!




Sometimes, when you've been reviewing books for a long time, you just get a little winded with reviewing so many books and you feel like that you got to give up on the reviewing gig just to get some peace and quiet.  I will admit that I had suffered from a reviewing slump a couple of months ago where I've read so many books at one time, that I just didn't feel like reviewing books at the moment and I just took a break from reviewing books for awhile until I got back into the spirit of things.


So, how do you STOMP OUT the dreaded REVIEWING SLUMP?  Here are some tips:


1.  Don't try to review so many books at once:



One of the problems you would face when reviewing books is that there might be a time where you have read so many books at one time and you have to review all of the books that you've read during that time.  My advice to you is whenever that happens, DON'T try to review all the books at one time.  That can cause a MAJOR burnout as you would be worrying about trying to get a specific review out on time, while dealing with the other books that you've read at the same time.   Try to have it planned where you can post up at least one or two reviews a week so that way, you won't stress yourself out on whether or not you got a specific review out on time or whether you can fit all the reviews into one week.  If there is a book where you have to get the review out on a specific day, do the review for that book first and then you can wait around for the other reviews.


2. Schedule your reviews:


If you are having problems with deciding on what day you should post your reviews, make up a schedule for yourself to decide what days would work for you in posting those reviews.  Scheduling reviews can give you enough time to work on the reviews you got and you don't have to worry about rushing through a review if you set up a date that won't cause any complications for you.


3.  Take a Break if Necessary:




Suffering through the slump?  Then feel free to take a break anytime.  You don't need to push yourself to get a review out, especially if you don't feel like writing reviews.  Writing book reviews can be draining at times and the best way to get back into reviewing books again is to take some time off from reviewing and allow the creative juices to slide right back into you!


4.  HAVE FUN!!!!



Reviewing books should be a fun experience and while there are times where reviewing books can be stressful (mostly due to some people giving harsh criticisms to your reviews), you should NEVER EVER treat the book reviewing process as a JOB!  You should treat it as a pleasant LEISURE activity that will relax you and also remember that reviewing books allows you the chance to give out your OWN opinions about a book that you've just read and share it to the world!



Well, that's my chat for the day!  Have you gone through a reviewing slump and if so, how did you handle that dilemma?


Annnnnnddddd....as always everybody:




HAPPY READING, BOOK FANS!!!!









6 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I think a lot of people don't realize how taxing and exhausting book blogging/reviewing can be!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a bit of a reviewing slump now. I spent a lot of time in August scheduling reviews ahead, but now I'm at the bottom of the barrel for reviews. I've read a few books since the start of the school year, but I'm just not in a mood to write those reviews. The problem is that I have to. I don't know that making myself write is helping, but I feel better about having the reviews written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't force myself to write reviews, especially if you get tired of writing them. I would take a break from reviewing until I get back into the spirit of it! I hope you review more books soon! :D

      Delete
  3. I've tried to find some ways to spice up my reviewing lately. I did one review with a story board and another one that included a haiku I wrote! Unfortunately, the more creative reviews also take more time, so I can't manage it all the time, but it's fun!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. I usually don't do a lot of creative reviews because they take too much work to make it creative. Like, one of my reviews, I had it set up as a poem, but it turned out to be too much work for me to find the right rhymes to make the review flow. But, I've always enjoyed doing it!

      Delete