Friday, September 15, 2017

Book Blogger Hop #29: September 15th - September 21st




Hello everyone! I'm participating in another book meme called the Book Blogger Hop which is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer!  Basically, you just answer weekly questions and then post up your link on the question's page.


This week's question is : 

 This week's question is submitted by  Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books!

Have you ever bought a more expensive edition of a book, when a cheaper edition was available, just because you preferred the cover of the more expensive one?


Not really.  If I buy my books online, then I usually try to get the cheapest edition as possible since I would be saving more money in doing that, even if the cover is not that interesting.  The only time I would get the expensive edition of a book is if that is the only copy of the book left and I really wanted to get that book or if the expensive edition is in better condition than the cheap books.  I usually try not to get books that are ripped up or has numerous stains on it because I would worry about how the book got ripped up in the first place or what created those stains!

9 comments:

  1. Totally agree with that! Usually my exception is if it's a special edition of a book that's a favorite or bound to be favorite! Lol!

    Here's my Book Blogger Hop

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, will choose the cheapest edition 90% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. With a few rare exceptions, I'm always going for the cheapest version of a book I can get.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually try to get the cheapest edition of a book, as well. However, when doing so means I have to put up with a HIDEOUS cover, then I will pass.

    It's actually not necessary to spend a LOT of money on acquiring a book with a beautiful cover. There are many such books available at very reasonable prices on the following websites: Amazon, Ebay, Alibris, and Abebooks. Books with beautiful covers can also be found at used bookstores. You just have to be willing to do some comparison shopping.

    Thanks for commenting on my BBH post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes totally agree with you and I am the same way as well Ronyell. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Ronyell.

    ReplyDelete