Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #55: Invictus by Ryan Graudin




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  Invictus
Author:  Ryan Graudin
Expected Publication Date:  September 26th, 2017


Time flies when you're plundering history.

Farway Gaius McCarthy was born outside of time. The son of a time-traveling Recorder from 2354 AD and a gladiator living in Rome in 95 AD, Far's birth defies the laws of nature. Exploring history himself is all he's ever wanted, and after failing his final time-traveling exam, Far takes a position commanding a ship with a crew of his friends as part of a black market operation to steal valuables from the past. 

But during a heist on the sinking Titanic, Far meets a mysterious girl who always seems to be one step ahead of him. Armed with knowledge that will bring Far's very existence into question, she will lead Far and his team on a race through time to discover a frightening truth: History is not as steady as it seems.




Even though I rarely read time traveling stories, this one sounds really interesting since it's about the main characters stealing goods from various timelines!




So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

24 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing a lot of this one around! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this one now! It's so long and the beginning is a little slow, but it seems good so far. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful day, Ronyell. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one too. Enjoy!

    Renee ~ My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun! Time travel, the Titanic, a mysterious girl... I will have to keep an eye out for this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize this book involved time travel. I may have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds awesome! It's definitely on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an ARC of this one and can't wait to read it. I hope you love it once you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting book. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to Invictus, but I'm not dying to read it, you know? I think I'll be looking at reviews before I decide to read it or not. Time travel is always such a mixed bag for me! ope you love it though Ronyell! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I plan to read Wolf by Wolf at some point! Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent pick, Ronyell. This one has me curious too though I haven't really read much about it nor have I read any of Ryan's earlier books. Still, starting with this one seems as good a place as any. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for the late comment back, but I was dealing with an unwelcome "visitor" -- Hurricane Irma, who arrived in Miami and disrupted my blogging and my life!

    This is an AMAZING pick you have here!! I have already added this book to my GR shelves. Kudos for selecting it!! :)

    Thanks for always commenting on my CWW post, Ronyell!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I hope you are doing alright after the Hurricane! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete