Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #18: Lost Girl by Chanda Hahn




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for! 

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
 
 



Title:  Lost Girl
Author: Chanda Hahn
Expected Publication Date:  December 13th, 2016
 
 


Wendy doesn't remember anything about Neverland—or the experiments done on her there as a child. Seven years later, all she wants is a normal life, but shape-shifting shadows plague her dreams and turn her life into a waking nightmare. When the shadows attack at a football game and a boy disappears right in front of her, she realizes these wraith-like shadows are real. They’re not just haunting—they’re hunting.

A mysterious boy named Peter, his foul-mouthed sidekick, and a band of misfit boys intervene before Wendy faces a similar fate. But can they trust Wendy enough to take her to Neverwood Academy and reveal all of their hidden secrets when she's hiding a secret of her own, or will the dreaded Red Skulls find her and drag her back to Neverland?


Wow!  Another retelling of Peter Pan (or a continuation of Peter Pan).  I always love fairy tale retellings and I'm really interested in this book!



So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

12 comments:

  1. Ooo, Peter Pan retelling! I really liked Lisa Maxwell's Unhooked - that was a wonderful and intriguing retelling. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know... I have not read the original Peter Pan yet. I should probably do that, so I can start reading some of these retellings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might read the original too someday, just to see how the real story of Peter Pan really goes.

      Delete
  3. This one sounds so good! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks good! Chanda is a good writer and sooo nice in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I'd just heard about this one in the last week and it sounds super interesting. I love me a good retelling/fairytale type story so have this one added to my list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lost Girl sounds great and I love the cover! Hope you love it when you get it.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post.

    ReplyDelete