Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #79: The Traitor's Game by Jennifer A. Nielsen




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Title:  The Traitor's Game
Author:  Jennifer A. Nielsen
Expected Publication Date:  February 27th, 2018



Nothing is as it seems in the kingdom of Antora. Kestra Dallisor has spent three years in exile in the Lava Fields, but that won't stop her from being drawn back into her father's palace politics. He's the right hand man of the cruel king, Lord Endrick, which makes Kestra a valuable bargaining chip. A group of rebels knows this all too well -- and they snatch Kestra from her carriage as she reluctantly travels home.The kidnappers want her to retrieve the lost Olden Blade, the only object that can destroy the immortal king, but Kestra is not the obedient captive they expected. Simon, one of her kidnappers, will have his hands full as Kestra tries to foil their plot, by force, cunning, or any means necessary. As motives shift and secrets emerge, both will have to decide what -- and who -- it is they're fighting for.


Oooh! A tale of kidnapping and evil kings!  This is one story that I definitely got to check out!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

13 comments:

  1. Kidnapping and evil kings, you say? Ooookay, let's add this one to the endless TBR pile! Hehe, sounds good :)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this sounds like it will a really good read! Nice find!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also waiting for this one. I didn't put it as my WOW/CWW post but I do want to get this one. I hope you get a chance to read it!

    Mary Can’t Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really having trouble keeping some of these YA/fantasy books straight. There's so many I'm trying to weed out the ones I want to try. I do like the sounds of this one and the cover is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's too many good fantasy novels out there and I love it! :D

      Delete
  5. Hope you love it!! It sounds good :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got an ARC of this, can't wait to read it. Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete