Tuesday, February 13, 2018

☀Daily Book Chat #24:☀ Romance Triggers…What annoys you about romance in novels?





 Hello everyone! Welcome to my  ☀Daily Book Chat☀ where I do some SERIOUS discussions that fellow book fans will get a kick out of and relate their thoughts about the subject to other book fans!

Today's discussion question is Romance Triggers...What annoys you about romance in novels?


What's that?  LOVE IS IN THE AIR!  And that means that this month, we are celebrating the passion of ROMANCE!  So, why does the title of this discussion seems so ANTI-LOVE?




Well, sure you want to talk about the highs of romance in the most romantic month of the year, but there's bound to be some lows to romance and when it comes to novels that has their share of romance, they certainly can have their lows.

So, here are some things that ANNOY me in romance novels.


#1: THE DREADED LOVE TRIANGLE!




Okay, so girl #1 falls in love with this guy and wants to be with him forever.  However, there's a catch,  as girl #2 also falls in love with the guy that girl #1 loves and now the guy is in the middle, trying to figure out if he wants to be with girl #1 or girl #2.  Cue the whole back and forth love triangle scenario between girl #1, girl #2 and the guy in the middle throughout the whole book and after all the unnecessary drama and sometimes, some MASSIVE CHEATING, the guy in the middle finally chooses the girl of his dreams!

THERE!  As you can see, this annoys me to no end because with love triangles, they tend to cause some unnecessary drama that doesn't need to be there and if the character in question has trouble trying to decide which person they want to live happily ever after with, then they shouldn't be involved in a love triangle in the first place!  I mean, this sort of thing does happen a bit in real life, but if I want to read about a healthy romance, then please, don't involve LOVE TRIANGLES into the story.


#2 THE INSTANT LOVE TRAP



So, you meet this guy or girl on the street and the moment you laid eyes on that person...BOING! INSTANT LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!  So, what if you don't even know who this person is or whether or not they could be a psychopath who is actually after your head when your back is turned?  YOU'RE IN LOVE!

I never did like the whole "Instant Love" thing because it makes the whole romance seem forced instead of being developed gradually and it makes me not care enough about the characters because they wouldn't be realistic at that point.  So, if you REALLY want a romance that will stick with the readers, then a GOOD OLD DEVELOPED romance is the way to go!


 So, those are some of my pet peeves in romance novels!  What are some things in romance novels that annoy you?  Please comment below!


Annnnnnddddd....as always everybody:



HAPPY READING, BOOK FANS!!!!









4 comments:

  1. Yeah I'm not a fan of those. A little one but I hate absolutely hate when they call each other lover. Always makes me cringe. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insta-love makes me absolutely crazy! I can sometimes be okay with a love triangle, IF it's done well. (Not if there's cheating involved, though---I hate that!)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about love triangles. As long as they are handled well, I don't mind, but if cheating or poor communication gets in the way of the triangle, then I'm through!

      Delete