Friday, February 3, 2017

The Friday 56 #4: Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt


Hey everyone! I'm participating in another book meme called the Friday 56, which is hosted by Freda's Voice! Here are a couple of rules for this meme:


Rules:
 
*Grab a book, any book and find a creative way to showcase your 56. It can be a photo of the book and the 56 in comments or whatever you come up with.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your 
eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 



 


 

 "His lips quirked.  "Where to now, Mrs. Dews? Or was Mr. Hopper and his shop your only source?  

Temperance lifted her chin.  "No. I have another idea."

She stepped around him and began walking swiftly, the taste of sweet plums still on her tongue.  This part of St. Giles was one of the worst, and she wouldn't have dared to come here during the day, let alone at night, if it weren't for the presence of the large male trailing silently behind her."

pg. 56




10 comments:

  1. I read this one ages ago. :-) I liked it.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read this author, but I've heard alot about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually my first book from this author, so I'm interested to see how this book will turn out in the long run.

      Delete
  3. Hmm. I'm intrigued by the quotes. Read on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering why she has ventured into a bad part of town. Intriguing.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
    Sandy @ Writing With a Texas Twang

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems interesting. Thanks for mentioning the book. :-)

    ReplyDelete