Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Teaser Tuesday #8: The Dangerous World of Assassins!



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker.  Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





Title: Dark Triumph

Author:  Robin LaFevers

Year Published: 2013

Publisher: Houghton Mifflin

Genre: Romance, Drama, Adventure

Reading Level: Adult



I lean forward, pushing my body out past the battlements. The wind plucks at my cloak, buffets against me, as if it would carry me off in flight, just like the birds or the knight's soul. Let go, it cries, I will take you far, far away. I want to laugh at the exhilarating feeling, I will catch you, it whistles seductively.


The convent has returned Sybella to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father's rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother's love is equally monstrous. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?



"There is a deafening clatter of hooves out in the courtyard as the men return, followed by the sound of soldierly chaos - the rattle of discarded weapons, the creak of leather, the clang of mail and armor.  Usually, there are shouts of victory and coarse laughter, but not today.  Today, the men are eerily silent."

I really enjoyed reading "Grave Mercy" and I've wanted to read the sequel to the series for a long time!  So far, everything sounds pretty interesting and I can't wait to see where this goes next!

Do you have a book that you are currently reading that you would like to show to everyone else?  Please feel free to post your Teaser Tuesday in the comments below and I'll check them out! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, this is an intriguing and ominous teaser! I loved this book, so I hope you enjoy the rest of it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete