Tuesday, April 4, 2023

THE BOOKWORM TAG!

 

The (Very Simple) Rules

-Answer the questions.

-Make up new ones.

-Tag people.



Hey everyone! Man, it's been awhile since I last did a tag post! I rarely do tag posts since I don't see them up that often (and because I don't get tagged that often. *SNIFF SNIFF*) But anyway, I saw this tag post over at Readerbuzz and I was really interested in trying it out! Also, this tag post will be a great way to tag fellow book bloggers and have them participate in this tag! So, let's begin!



1. If you had to pick one book that has most influenced your life in a positive way (other than a religious book), what would it be?





"The Ocean at the End of the Lane" made me really appreciate the power of reading books and also inspired me to take control of my life when things get tough.



2. What is the wisest book you have read?





This seems like an odd choice, but "A Monster Calls" was definitely a wise book to me in terms of teaching readers about deaths in the family and how sometimes dealing with the death of a loved one is not an easy thing to do.



3. Would you rather read a million books quickly or a few books slowly?






I rather read a few books slowly because if I read through books too quickly, then I will never experience the joys of reading and getting invested in the stories that I read.



4. How many books do you read in a year?




I would say about 10 books a year.  Once upon a time, I used to be able to read up to 100 books per year (no, seriously, I did).  But then life got in the way and I could only read a few books a year these days.



5. Do you have a favorite poem?





I always loved Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" since it's one of the creepiest poems I have ever read (and I'm into creepy stuff)!



6. What's your favorite classic? How were you introduced to it?





"Anne of Green Gables" was one of the most iconic children's classics for me! I just loved how the characters were being portrayed and I still need to read the rest of the series soon! I was introduced to this series through the animated series that came out on PBS when I was kid and I got so interested in that show that I wanted to check out the book series for myself.



7. Was there a time in your life when you were not a reader? If so, what changed?





NOPE. Ever since I was a little kid, I always loved to read and I never went through a period where I stopped reading.



8. The average person in America reads less than one book a year. Do you have ideas about how we can reach the un-booked?





I would probably ask anyone who doesn't like to read what their favorite genres are or whether or not they read graphic novels or novels in general. Maybe if nonreaders get into books that catered more to their favorite genres, then we might get more readers in the near future.



9. What book did you read that you thought you'd hate, but ended up loving?




I thought that I would have hated "Runaway Opposites" because of how utterly bizarre the artwork was.  But then, I remembered that I read Henrik Drescher's other book "The Fool and the Flying Ship," which also had lots of bizarre artwork, but I absolutely loved that book, and I ended up loving the bizarre imagery in this book!



10. What books led you to become a reader?










Oooh boy... there's so many to count...but if I had to pick 3 books that made me into a reader, I would have to go with "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs," "The Stinky Cheeseman" and "Where the Wild Things Are."


Well, that's it for the Bookworm Tag! So now, I have a few questions for you guys to answer:


1. Do you prefer to buy books from a bookstore or check them out from the library?

2. What's the weirdest book you have ever read?

3. What's your favorite banned book?

4. What genre do you like to read the most?

5. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what book would you take with you?

6. What's your favorite movie that was based off a book?

7. What book do you think that everyone should read?

8. What's the scariest book you have ever read?

9. What's your favorite book cover?

10. How many years have you been a fan of reading books?


AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

THE PEOPLE I WILL BE TAGGING ARE:




4. Jessica @ A Great Read

5. Greg @ Book Haven





5 comments:

  1. This is fun! I think Anne of Green Gables is my favorite classic as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Anne of Green Gables! I really need to read the rest of the series soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I forgot about those Three Little Pigs and Stinky Cheese Man stories! Those were read to the class a lot in elementary school on days when parents would come in. Blast from the past lol. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I remembered Stinky Cheeseman and 3 Little Pigs being read to us constantly too!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! This looks like a blast!!

    ReplyDelete