Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #82: Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Title:  Aru Shah and the End of Time
Author:  Roshani Chokshi
Expected Publication Date:  March 27th, 2018



Twelve-year-old Aru Shah has a tendency to stretch the truth in order to fit in at school. While her classmates are jetting off to family vacations in exotic locales, she'll be spending her autumn break at home, in the Museum of Ancient Indian Art and Culture, waiting for her mom to return from her latest archeological trip. Is it any wonder that Aru makes up stories about being royalty, traveling to Paris, and having a chauffeur?

One day, three schoolmates show up at Aru's doorstep to catch her in a lie. They don't believe her claim that the museum's Lamp of Bharata is cursed, and they dare Aru to prove it. Just a quick light, Aru thinks. Then she can get herself out of this mess and never ever fib again.

But lighting the lamp has dire consequences. She unwittingly frees the Sleeper, an ancient demon whose duty it is to awaken the God of Destruction. Her classmates and beloved mother are frozen in time, and it's up to Aru to save them.

The only way to stop the demon is to find the reincarnations of the five legendary Pandava brothers, protagonists of the Hindu epic poem, the Mahabharata, and journey through the Kingdom of Death. But how is one girl in Spider-Man pajamas supposed to do all that?



Oooh! A girl who accidentally releases a demon and now must find a group of brothers in order to stop the demon?  Sounds awesome!!!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

15 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one, Ronyell! It is new to me, although I have heard of the author before. I hope you get a chance to read it. I may have to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks cute, and I've seen it popping up on a few blogs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks quite lovely. I am in love with the cover, and I just think it's awesome that Rick Riordan started this imprint to share own voices based mythological tales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great one! Love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful book that you can read to children or simply enjoy as a grown-up. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    Best wishes
    Vi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have loved her other books so of course I am very interested in checking out her new title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick! I haven't read anything by this author before, but I've been wanting to! I hope you'll enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh great pick, I've been seeing this around lately and it looks and sounds absolutely amazing and fantastic. I absolutely love the gorgeous cover as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post last week.

    ReplyDelete