Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #35: The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:










Title:  The Dead List
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout
Expected Publication Date:  April 25th, 2017  



It's Ella's senior year of high school and she and her best friend Linds plan to make it the best year ever. At Brock Cochran's end of summer pool party, the girls vow to have as much fun as possible before they head off to different colleges next fall. But when Ella is mysteriously attacked on her way home from the party, everything changes. Ella's carefree senior year plans disintegrate as she finds herself at the center of an attempted murder investigation.

Ella tries to move on, but her attacker isn't done yet. He shows himself in the form of horrifying signs and symbols: a clown mask strewn on her bed, a dead bird in her backpack, a shadow moving past her window in the night. And as the weeks pass, it turns out that Ella isn't the only one being tormented.

With the help of an old flame, Jensen Carver, and her friends and family, Ella tries to attain some sense of normalcy, but she can't seem to shake the feeling that there's a dark pattern hidden in the killer's every move. Suddenly, even those in her innermost circle seem suspicious. In her seemingly safe West Virginia town, Ella starts to wonder who she can trust.

It's been awhile since I've read a suspense thriller and from Jennifer L. Armentrout no less!  I'm definitely excited for this book!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

26 comments:

  1. Soo excited that this one is finally coming out in paperback!! Never did get around to reading it on Wattpad! :P

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read this book on Wattpad, but it looks interesting!

      Delete
  2. This looks really cool! I love creepy, thrilling books ;) Great pick!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I 'm going to have to check this one out. The cover is really great for a thriller. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch that cover is rough! I read The Dead List when Armentrout wrote it on wattpad, so I'm interested to see how it will translate after there has been editing and revising. Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, this book... I wonder why Hyperion dropped it. I might read it - Armentrout's latest books have been hit-or-miss for me. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful day, Ronyell. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, I have several JLA books, but have yet to read them, and I really should, because there has got to be a good reason that she has legions of fans.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed her book Obsidian, so hopefully this will be a good book!

      Delete
  7. This sounds really good. Love books like this so I'd love to read it too. Hope we both enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is new to me. I still haven't read anything by this author but do have a couple of her books ready to go on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gritty cover and I love the genres. Can't go wrong with her books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Sounds like she's going a little more thriller with this one. I hope you love it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! I'm currently reading Obsidian, which is my first Armentrout book. People have been telling me to read them for years, but I'm just getting around to them. I hope you enjoy her latest!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsidian is my first Armentrout book too and I loved it! I hope you enjoy it too!

      Delete
  12. I got a copy of this at Apollycon a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to read it! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, this sounds much too scary for me!! It starts off with the cover, and then the plot.... I have to be honest -- this is not my cup of tea, Ronyell. But I do hope you enjoy reading it! Since it's by Armentrout, I'm sure you will!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this one before, but I absolutely love everything by Jen so I'm sure this will be a good one :)
    Happy Easter!
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete