Sunday, May 13, 2018

The Sunday Post Meme (135)




Hey everybody! I am participating in a book meme called the Sunday Post which is being hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer!The goal of this meme is to share news you have  on various books and things you’ve read or received and also talk about what is coming up for your blog! Book hauls can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books and you can share these finds with other book bloggers!

Hey everyone! Happy Mother's Day!   I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day!  We have a lovely Mother's Day as we went to Miyo's to get my mom's favorite meal the Salmon with rice and we also got some lovely gifts for her, including a DVD set of the first season of the original 1960s Jonny Quest series and the Fantastic Beasts movie! I can't wait to sit down and watch Fantastic Beasts soon!




Book Reviews

Miscellaneous





3

  

Book Photo Sundays Meme!

 

Looking for New Guest Posts! 

 

My TBR List!

 

  

Comic Book Bingo Challenge 2018 Sign Up! 



Cover Spotlight Meme






2018 Caldecott Medal Challenge Sign Up!



 






One Word: MOM!!!




 

What did you do for Mother's Day?



  Check out Paper Fury's post on BOOKS TO READ WHILE YOU’RE WAITING FOR A THOUSAND PERFECT NOTES!


☆ Check out Diamond Bookshelf's list of ALA Releases the Top 10 Most Challenged Books of 2017

★ Check out The New York Times' post on Save Barnes & Noble!




Well, that's the Sunday News for today and I will have more news for the various books I've read in the near future!



Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2018.

13 comments:

  1. Ooh Jonny Quest- nice! I'll be reviewing those soon- I bought the DVD a while back too, it's an old favorite. :) Glad you had a good Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your mom. Enjoy your upcoming movie watching, I haven't seen Fantastic Beasts either. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original Jonny Quest is before my time, and I don't remember if I ever saw any of the eps, but what a fun gift for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonny Quest...now that’s a show I haven’t thought about for a long, long time. It sounds like your mom is about my age!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a good Mother’s Day,. Johnny Quest really takes me back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to watch Johnny Quest cartoons as a kid. My daughter watch Cyberchase on PBS and we both loved that. I worked on Mother's Day. I work odd hours and days so I can have time to take my daughter to her medical appts and college classes. So I do work on weekends quite frequently. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Hope you enjoy Fantastic Beasts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day, Ronyell! Hopefully this past week was a good one for you too. I've been super busy, mostly with work. This next week will be even busier, unfortunately. I really need a break! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete