Hello everyone! Today's "Top 10 of 2016" topic is "Top 10 Books I've Read in 2016!" Now, this was a difficult choice to make since I've read a lot of great books this year, so luckily I narrowed it down to 10 books along with some honorable mentions. So here are my top 10 Books of 2016 (in no particular order)!
1. I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen : Such a fantastic children's book that really knows how to play up dark humor to the max and be subtle about it as much as being entertaining to both kids and adults!
2. I Hate Fairyland: Madly Ever After Volume 1 by Skottie Young : Such an awesome twist on the usual fairy tale tropes and even though this graphic novel is a gorefest, I just enjoyed the over the top parody and gore of this series!
3. Red Rising by Pierce Brown : After hearing so many good things about this series, I had to give this book a try and I was amazed by the Mars setting and the "Hunger Games" inspired plot!
4. Archie: The New Riverdale Volume 1 by Mark Waid : I will admit that I was a little worried about Archie getting a reboot, but this volume has proven that this reboot is definitely worth picking up!
5. The Storyteller by Antonia Michealis : This is quite an unusual and dark twist to the usual romance novel and that's why I loved this book so much!
6. Saga Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan : I have to tell you, I'm a "Saga" fan, so of course I had to check this book out to see what happens to my favorite couple, Alana and Marko!
7. Saga Volume 6 by Brian K. Vaughan : Ditto for Saga Volume 5!
8. The Art of Miss Chew by Patricia Polacco : I always loved reading about Patricia Polacco's childhood stories as they are truly inspirational to read and her story about meeting Miss Chew is seriously one of the most inspiring experiences yet!
9. Ms. Marvel: No Normal Volume 1 by G. Willow Wilson : This is another graphic novel series where I heard so many good things about it and I checked it out and I LOVED IT!
10. Pancakes for Breakfast by Tomie dePaola : A classic story from Tomie dePaola about the magic that is pancakes that is really worth reading!
Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed by Mo Willems
Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Good News Bad News by Jeff Mack
Anansi and the Talking Melon by Eric A. Kimmel