Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #91: Magic at Midnight: A YA Fairy Tale Anthology by Lyssa Chiavari




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  Magic at Midnight: A YA Fairy Tale Anthology
Author:  Lyssa Chiavari and Amy McNulty
Expected Publication Date:  May 29th, 2018


Once upon a time is eternal…

Turn the pages and fall into the enchanting worlds of beloved, age-old fairy tales made new again in this fifteen-story collection from Snowy Wings Publishing.

A girl with long, long hair is trapped in an attic, ensnared by promises of immortality, the radio her only companion. An android wants to believe in her life, that the feelings she has are real—and that she might be just as beautiful as her famous stepsister. A gamer must save her true love from the mysterious, dark entity that has ensnared him in their MMORPG. A modern teen is lured to the fantastical Land of the Dolls, and only her own cunning can help her escape. These are just a few of the bewitching tales found within Magic at Midnight

From sci-fi to fantasy, contemporary to historical, paranormal and more, there’s a fairy tale retelling in this collection for every reader. Featuring stories from bestselling and award-winning YA authors as well as emerging voices, this anthology will take you to distant worlds and back again—all just familiar enough to make you feel at home.



If it has "fairy tale" in the title, expect me to automatically pick this book up!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

21 comments:

  1. I love spins on traditional fairy tales and this anthology sounds so good! Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds awesome! I love fairytale retellings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthologies are hit or miss for me, but I do hope you love it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now that sounds fun!! I love a good themed anthology and this one definitely sounds like one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always up for a good fairy tale! this sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good and what a lovely cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh an anthology! Love the sound of this one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover is gorgeous! I'm not always the biggest fan of anthologies (I feel like the stories are always so hit or miss) but this one does sound good. I like the wide variety of genres used. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, this sounds ALL kinds of AWESOME!! And I LOVE that cover!! I've already added it to my Goodreads shelves! Thanks so much for the heads up, Ronyell!!! <3 <3

    Thanks as well for commenting on my CWW post!! <3 <3 :) :)

    Sorry for the very late comment back.....:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick, this is the first time I heard about this book, I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post last week.

    ReplyDelete