Hey everyone! I once again created a new challenge from my blog called the "Caldecott Medal Challenge!" Sorry this challenge is last notice, but after I was reading La La In the Library's intriguing Newbery Challenge post, I felt inspired to do something similar, except it deals with Caldecott Medal winners! Do you love reading children's books? Then this challenge is definitely for you!
- This challenge will run from January 21, 2018 - December 31, 2018. This will be a yearly challenge, so you have plenty of time to read up on all the Caldecott Medal award winning books on this list. Normally, this challenge would have started on January 1st, but because this challenge is recently new, it will start on January 21 for this year and next year, it will start on January 1st.
- This challenge is open-ended, which means that you don't necessarily have to read all the books on this list in one year. You can read as many Caldecott Medal award winning books as you want and you will have plenty of time to complete this list or you can reread some books from this list, if you like.
- The sign up for this challenge will end on December 31, 2018, so you have until the end of the year to sign up for this challenge.
- The bonus reads is optional, which means that you don't have to read the Caldecott Honor books if you don't want to. However, if you are interested in reading the Caldecott Honor books for some extra reading, you are free to do so.
- If you want to check out the complete list for the Caldecott Medal winners and honors, then feel free to check out the Association for Library Service site and you can pick out any one of the Caldecott Medal winners and honors from the list!
To get you started on this challenge, here's a complete list of Caldecott Medal winners that you can check out:
Also, there's a bit of a bonus here if you want to read more books from the Caldecott Award winning series. You can also read some of the Caldecott Honors. Here are some examples of Caldecott Honors you could read if you want to read some extra books for the challenge:
If you are interested in joining this challenge, then feel free to sign up down below: