Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #53: Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  Black Bird of the Gallows
Author:  Meg Kassel
Expected Publication Date:  September 5th, 2017



A simple but forgotten truth: Where harbingers of death appear, the morgues will soon be full.

Angie Dovage can tell there’s more to Reece Fernandez than just the tall, brooding athlete who has her classmates swooning, but she can’t imagine his presence signals a tragedy that will devastate her small town. When something supernatural tries to attack her, Angie is thrown into a battle between good and evil she never saw coming. Right in the center of it is Reece—and he’s not human.

What's more, she knows something most don't. That the secrets her town holds could kill them all. But that’s only half as dangerous as falling in love with a harbinger of death.



Wow! One of the leads is a harbinger of death?  Now I'm really interested in checking this book out, especially in finding out how the heroine will handle her possible love interest being a harbinger of death!




So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

31 comments:

  1. Very excited to read this one, too! I've only read on other book about Harbingers, I feel like it's not something you come across all the time! This cover is gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I haven't heard of this before! It looks so good. Great pick, hope you get to read it soon!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have this on my TBR. I don't read a ton of paranormals, but this one looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! Such a cool cover!! Will have to look into this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeeppp! I've been looking forward to this one! I just got it in the mail and I'm excited. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic day, Ronyell. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover, and I'm very intrigued by the synopsis. I'm adding this one to my Wishlist! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this one is great - especially since I've featured it endlessly on my blog (or at least it seems like I have).

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is just gorgeous! I hope the story is just as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been hearing so much about this book already. Cant wait till I can get my hands on it :)
    I hope we both enjoy this one.
    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes yes yes! I saw this a few weeks ago and fell in love with it- it sounds amazing! Great pick!

    My CWW: https://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/08/cant-wait-wednesday-10th-anniversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds like something I would enjoy. Thank you for sharing, Ronyell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, that cover!! VERY creepy!! I don't know if I could take this, although the plot sounds very original and yes, even interesting! Thanks for sharing, Ronyell!

    Also, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read this series and this is actually the first time I'm hearing about it but I hope you love it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh I haven't even heard of this book but I'm so glad you chose it because this sounds like something I would love!! I mean the love interest being the Harbringer of Death? Yes please!

    Great pick, btw I love your blog!
    Your new GFC follower,
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is new to me, but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover is just beautiful and it sounds really good!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you love it!!! It sounds good :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Been waiting on this one too! Hope we all enjoy it when we get the chance to read it :)

    ReplyDelete