Sunday, August 27, 2017

☀Daily Book Chat #15: ☀ My Trip to the Soda City Comic Con!



 Hello everyone! Welcome to my  ☀Daily Book Chat☀ where I do some SERIOUS discussions that fellow book fans will get a kick out of and relate their thoughts about the subject to other book fans!

Today's discussion question is "My Trip to the Soda City Comic Con!"





.....

Wait a minute....



What does this have to do with books?

Actually, it partially has to do with books since I did bought some books from the convention, which I will proudly show off in a few minutes.  But for the most part, it mostly deals with the different places I went to during the convention....

And I just had to tell the WHOLE WORLD  about my experience at Soda City Comic Con because I just had the TIME OF MY LIFE there!!!

So, here are some pretty photos from the convention that I wanted to show off and the stories behind these photos!






1.  Going to the Soda City Comic Con!




When we first got to the comic con on Saturday morning, the place was PACKED!  It was quite difficult getting around the inside of the building since there were hoards of people blocking the hallways (as you can see in the photo above, and it was much more crowded than that).  There were even times where I had to skip a certain venue because there were too many people standing at the venue and I often had to come back later once the crowd settled down!



2.  Me and Supergirl!



Okay, okay.  So, she wasn't the REAL Supergirl, but you have to admit that it was fun standing next to a cut out figure of Supergirl!



3.  Move Over Supergirl!



So, since I've taken a picture with the (photo-realistic) Supergirl, I just had to have my picture taken with the (photo-realistic) Flash!



4.  Hey Jason!




One of the cosplayers was dressed up as Jason and I just had to take this pic (he even did a little pose for me)!



5.  The Superhero Cosplayers!




Oh my god!  I just about died when I took this photo!  All of the cosplayers had my favorite Superheroes (Spiderman, Batman, Star Lord, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn) all standing together in one photo!  I really need to cosplay next year!


6.  Doctor Who?




YAY!!! I'm inside Doctor Who's famous telephone booth!


7.  Star Wars Robot keeps following me!



Awww....they had their little Star Wars robot follow me around!


8. Escape Plan!




Me and my sister decided to play this new game called "Escape Plan," where you're in an imaginary stimulation where you are given some clues and you have to figure out the meaning of the clues for the mission before time runs out!  We had a really fun time and me and my sister managed to win the game TWO TIMES in a row!


9.  Comic Book Swag Time!




Now, is where I head to get some good old comic book goodies from this Comic Con!


10.  Good old Marvel vs. Capcom!




Even though I was tempted to play this old school Arcade game, I decided that it was better to just take a picture of this classic!


11.  Awesome art display!!!




This was an awesome display of some artwork of Superhero characters.  I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to grab one of these, but there's just too many other comic book GOODIES that I just had to choose over this display!


12.  Comics, Comics, Comics Everywhere!




Oh man!  There were so many awesome comics in here that I was tempted to buy the WHOLE thing (if possible)!  But, you can only choose one at a time!


13.  My Lovely Little Pops!




Look at all of those beautiful FUNKO POPS!  I'm a huge Funko Pop collector, but I only got one Funko Pop and that was of Colossus from the X-Men.  Speaking of Colossus from the X-Men...



14.  Colossus Statue...LOVE!!!



I'm a huge fan of Colossus from the X-Men and when I saw this statue, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to HAVE IT!  Of course, judging by the price on this thing, you can already tell that I didn't get this awesome statue.  :(



15.  More X-Men Statues?  LOVE!!!




And of course, there were other X-Men statues up there, but of course, the prices on these things prevented me from getting them!


PANEL TIME!!


So, apart from exploring the Comic Book Swag center, I also been to a couple of panels and they were AWESOME!!!

First up, me and my sister went to the Walking Dead panel where we met up with actors W.F. Bell and Tommy Hughes and we had a blast at that panel!  We even took some pictures and got the actors' autographs in the process!





Next panel we went to was the Manga and Anime Go to Hollywood where the author Northrop Davis talks about his book and his experience with anime and manga.  It was quite an educational and entertaining experience!



We also went to another panel on Sunday called "Anniversary" and it's supposed to be a new horror film that is being film in South Carolina and I'm really excited for this!






HAUL TIME!!


Of course, I had to show off all the beautiful stuff I got from the Comic Con and of course, I got a lot of GOOD and AWESOME things!



Here are some awesome bookmarks I got from the comic con and of course, I had to get Sonic the Hedgehog, Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Supergirl and Kitty Pryde and Colossus because they are my favorite characters; and they would be awesome characters to look at while I get my reading on!




I had also gotten some new comic books from the comic con and I'm most excited for Afterlife with Archie and Spider Gwen!




Just look at this beautiful spread of autographs I got from a good majority of artists at the con (including an autograph from one of the actors from "The Walking Dead")!




And last, but not least for all you book lovers, I got me some nice good reads for the year that I'm hoping to dive into as soon as possible!


Well, that's my trip to the Soda City Comic Con in South Carolina (a lot of pics, huh)?  I had a REALLY fun time and I REALLY hope to go back again next year to see what other LOVELY surprises awaits me at the next outing!


Annnnnnddddd....as always everybody:




HAPPY READING, BOOK FANS!!!!








2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a blast! One of these days I'm going to go to a comic con. It seems like such a fun environment.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I had so much fun at this comic con that I'm hoping to go back next year!

      Delete