Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #51: Wicked Like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  Wicked Like a Wildfire
Author:  Lana Popovic
Expected Publication Date:  August 15th, 2017




All the women in Iris and Malina’s family have the unique magical ability or “gleam” to manipulate beauty. Iris sees flowers as fractals and turns her kaleidoscope visions into glasswork, while Malina interprets moods as music. But their mother has strict rules to keep their gifts a secret, even in their secluded sea-side town. Iris and Malina are not allowed to share their magic with anyone, and above all, they are forbidden from falling in love. 

But when their mother is mysteriously attacked, the sisters will have to unearth the truth behind the quiet lives their mother has built for them. They will discover a wicked curse that haunts their family line—but will they find that the very magic that bonds them together is destined to tear them apart forever?


I have always loved stories that deal with magic and sibling love, so this story definitely interests me!  Also, beautiful cover!




So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

19 comments:

  1. I've been really looking forward to this one too! The cover is stunning. I just love the combination of colors. Great pick! :)

    Lauren @ Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover! Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one months ago and wanted it solely based on the cover! Purple is my favorite color and the typography is so neat. But the book also sounds really good. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Ronyell. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cover and the sibling aspect does sound pretty intriguing. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING pick, Ronyell!! I'm waiting on this one, too!! In fact, I even featured the cover on one of my "Shelf Candy Saturday" posts a couple of months ago.

    Thanks for commenting on my CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of that author, but I like the cover and it sounds very interesting. Looks like a great pick. Hope you´ll enjoy it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog Inkvotary.

    Best wishes
    Vi @Inkvotary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick!! I also adore sibling dynamics!
    Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds really interesting, and of course, it has a beautiful cover. But like you, I like the sound of this book being about a sibling relationship. That's always an interesting read because I don't run across that a lot (especially in YA).

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so good! I've been seeing this float around for a while now, but you completely sold me! Thanks for sharing Ronyell! Here's hoping we both love it. :)

    ReplyDelete