Friday, August 25, 2017

Book Blogger Hop #27: August 25th - August 31st




Hello everyone! I'm participating in another book meme called the Book Blogger Hop which is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer!  Basically, you just answer weekly questions and then post up your link on the question's page.


This week's question is : 

 This week's question is submitted by Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books!

Have you ever read a book written in a foreign language you might be fluent in, and then read the same book in English?


No, I haven't really read any books in foreign languages before. Even though I had studied Spanish for 5 years, it was awhile ago since I've learned Spanish and I actually forgot a few Spanish phrases over the years because I haven't been studying Spanish ever since I got out of college.  The only way that I could start reading books in foreign languages is if I've been studying the language almost every day currently.

21 comments:

  1. Yeah, I would be needing my dictionary to translate words too much in order to read anything not in English.

    Here's my Blogger Hop post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could speak Spanish, but I am better at listening now. :)

    I never have read a book in a different language and am not sure I could. Would be interesting to try, though.

    Thanks for coming by my blog, and Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how much you can retain without realising it. I'm sure it would all come back to you quickly if you took up Spanish again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could read another language. I'm sure I'm missing something whenever I read a translation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if you picked up a book in Spanish if some of the phrases you lost would come back to you.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I wish I had kept up with my French!! I can't even say a full sentence now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was studying French in high school, it was an exciting time for me! I dreamed of traveling to Paris one day.... Well, I took 4 years of the language, and 1 in college, but, since I don't know any French-speaking people, I have gradually lost most of what I learned. Oh, I know it's all somewhere in my brain, and I do remember a few phrases, but I am nowhere near fluent anymore....so I can relate to your situation with Spanish.

    I have my mom to thank for my fluency in Spanish. She made us speak the language at home. Plus, I've always read a lot, and my first books were in Spanish. Still, my vocabulary is much more extensive in English, so sometimes I do need a dictionary when reading in Spanish.

    Thanks for commenting on my BBH post!! Hope your Saturday is going GREAT!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As someone reminded me, you might be surprised what you'll remember if you get back into the swing of things. Thanks for hopping by my page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is crazy how easy it is to forget a language without practice. I studied French for about 5 years, and as soon as I stopped, I quite quickly started to lose what I had learnt. Hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That makes sense! It's still pretty cool that you've learned five years of Spanish. I really want to start using the DuoLingo app again (and start using it seriously) so I can learn another language. I recommend checking it out if you're interested :)

    Awesome answer <3 have an amazing week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answer Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Ronyell.

    ReplyDelete