Monday, August 21, 2017

☀Daily Book Chat #14: ☀ Book Covers…Do you use them for your reviews?



 Hello everyone! Welcome to my  ☀Daily Book Chat☀ where I do some SERIOUS discussions that fellow book fans will get a kick out of and relate their thoughts about the subject to other book fans!


Today's discussion question is"Book Covers...Do you use them for your reviews?"


I know, I know.

You are probably saying to yourself "Do I use Book Covers for my reviews?  What kind of stupid question is that?"  


Well, I have been looking around the lovely blogosphere for awhile now and I have noticed that there are some blogs where the blogger posts a review, but there is no cover to accompany the review.  Now, the information for the book such as the title of the book, the author, the number of pages, the genre of the book, the publisher and the date that the book was released on are still in the posts, but the book covers are completely absent.

So, my question to you is, "Is it important to have book covers in your reviews or it isn't that important?"

I would honestly say that as long as you have a way for fellow enthusiastic readers, like myself, to recognize the book that you are reviewing, then it would be fine to not have book covers included in your reviews.  

HOWEVER...

Let's say that you happened to read a completely different edition of the book or the book you've just read was a classic work such as "A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens," but it was written by a different author or has a different artist.  While still having the book information will allow other book fans to recognize the book, having a book cover can help make locating the book a whole lot easier since you would know what the book looks like!  Also, having a book cover posted on your review can make your review look even more creative, with something that would help make the book you've read really stand out to book fans who are reading your reviews!



Well, that's the down low on what I think about this whole "Are Book Covers necessary for a book review" debate!  What are your thoughts?  Do you think that having Book covers are important for your reviews?

Place your opinions in the comments below!



Annnnnnddddd....as always everybody:



HAPPY READING, BOOK FANS!!!!








4 comments:

  1. I suppose they aren't necessary so long as you give enough information to find it (a link, publisher, page numbers, translator, etc.). I like using them to be perfectly clear about which book I'm talking about. Sometimes the book cover jogs your memory better than a title when it's a book you have interest reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize a lot of books by the covers more readily than I recognize them by the title alone, so I definitely like to see covers in reviews.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete