Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #24: Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for! 

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
 
 
 
 
 
Title:  Daughter of the Pirate King
Author:  Tricia Levenseller
Expected Publication Date:  February 28th, 2017
 

 
 


A 17-year-old pirate captain intentionally allows herself to get captured by enemy pirates in this thrilling YA adventure.

Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map—the key to a legendary treasure trove—seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.

More than a match for the ruthless pirate crew, Alosa has only one thing standing between her and the map: her captor, the unexpectedly clever and unfairly attractive first mate, Riden. But not to worry, for Alosa has a few tricks up her sleeve, and no lone pirate can stop the Daughter of the Pirate King.

Debut author Tricia Levenseller blends action, adventure, romance, and a little bit of magic into a thrilling YA pirate tale.

A book about a pirate woman?  Sounds awesome, especially since it's rare that I read novels about female pirates!



So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

18 comments:

  1. I have seen some good reviews for this one. I hope you enjoy it once you get a chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you wind up loving this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME choice! I am SO excited for this one too, and I LOVE the idea of a kick-ass pirate heroine!!
    Great pick!
    Thanks for visiting my WoW yesterday :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds delightful. I need to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting on this one, too, Ronyell!! I LOVE books having to do with pirates, and this one has the added ingredient of a kick-butt heroine, so I REALLY want it! AWESOME PICK!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own WOW post!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to request this one so bad on Netgalley, but sadly its not available in my country. I hope we both love it when we read it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes I learned about this one a few weeks back and really liked the idea of it. It's on my TBR now to check out as well. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently read this one and I liked it! I can't wait for book two. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds sooooo good. I hope you get to read it soon!

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete