Number Of Books You Read: 69 (+1 2015 Wrap Up Book)
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy and Science Fiction
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?Young Adult / Adult Read: Red Rising by Pierce Brown
Picture Book : I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
Graphic Novel: Saga by Brian K. Vaughan
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?Limbo by Dan Watters. I thought it was going to be a good sci fi thriller, but it ended up being a huge disappointment to me.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis. This book was surprising to me in a really good way! I never would have thought that I would read a contemporary romance novel that really twists our perceptions on how we view romance heroes!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I Hate Fairyland Volume 1 by Skottie Young. I was some of the first few people who read this book when it came out on NetGalley and after I read it, I was encouraging people left and right to check this comic out and they did!
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Best series I started: Red Rising by Pierce Brown
Best Sequel of 2016 : Scary Stories 3 by Alvin Schwartz
Best Series Ender of 2016: Thankfully, I haven't read a series ender!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?Pierce Brown from the "Red Rising" series. I was actually introduced to his work in 2016 and I'm so glad that I was finally introduced to the "Red Rising" series since it was one of the best books I've read this year!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Red Rising by Pierce Brown. I rarely read any Science Fiction books and this book really got me into Science Fiction!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Saga Volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan. This was easily the most action packed volume of "Saga" and I seriously couldn't put it down after I read it!
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?Archie: The New Riverdale Volume 1 by Mark Waid. I really enjoyed this graphic novel and I would definitely see myself re reading it next year!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?Red Rising by Pierce Brown
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Most memorable male character: Darrow from "Red Rising"
Most memorable female character: Kamala Khan from "Ms. Marvel"
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis. I just loved how the fairy tale portion of the story was so beautifully written!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?Rosie the Raven by Helga Bansch. I just loved the way that they tackled with the theme of what it means to have a true family no matter how different you are!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis and Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. These two books have been on my shelf for years and I haven't gotten around to either one of them until 2016! I can't believe I didn't read these two years ago!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
From Red Rising:
"I live for the dream that my children will be born free," she says. "That they will be what they like. That they will own the land their father gave them."
"I live for you," I say sadly.
Eo kisses my cheek. "Then you must live for more." ~ Darrow and Eo
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest Book: The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood ~ 32 pages
Longest Book: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman ~ 499 pages