Monday, January 9, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #3: January 9, 2017



Hello everyone!  This book meme is called "It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?" and basically what you do is share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organize yourself and to visit and comment on other blogs!  This book meme is hosted by The Book Date!











I just finished reading Alice by Christina Henry and I must admit that I was quite surprised that I ended up loving this book!  The thing is, this book has lots of graphic violence and rape, which I usually have issues with books that go into detail about rape.  However, even though I was still disgusted with the rape scenes in this book, I thoroughly enjoyed this book because of the darker and edgier atmosphere worthy of a darker take on "Alice in Wonderland!"









I'm still trying to read through Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli, even though I have so many other books to get through first.  I also just picked up Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt from NetGalley and I'm going to try to read it sometime this week, just to read a romance novel from a different author!




Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is currently in the lead for Because Reading's TBR List Meme that I let other followers vote on and I will try to read this book after I finish reading the books I have.  I also wanted to read Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers because I've enjoyed Grave Mercy and I really want to read the rest of this series!  I also wanted to read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes after hearing so many good things about this book and since I've bought the book, I'm definitely going to try and read this book!

14 comments:

  1. So I'm not the last person to have not read Me Before You then. Haha! I feel like everyone within the community has read it, like you, I'm keen to read it also... It's just getting round to it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! I too enjoyed Alice! Despite the darker issues I still really liked it! Its sequel was also really good! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter really wants to read Me Before You but hasn't gotten around to it yet either. I hope you enjoy it as well as your other reads. Best wishes for the week ahead.

    - Mama Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. ENJOY your books and your reading week.

    It looks like last week was a good one for you.

    Thanks for coming by my blog.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard about Alice before! I'll check it out! I was late to the party on Me Before You, but once I started it, I got engrossed in it. Have been told I NEED to read After You now. So we book bloggers are always behind, somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me Before You is a great read! Emotional, but great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, some pretty great books there, Alice, Simon Vs. The Homo Sapien Agenda, Throne of Glass and Dark Triumph! Yeah, great books! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice and Red Queen were actually 2 of my favorite books of 2016! Completely surprising considering how dark they both are but definitely worth reading :) Looking forward to hearing what you think of Red Queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to check out Red Queen! I hope it's as good as Alice!

      Delete