Sunday, October 4, 2020

The Sunday Post Meme (187)

 

 

Hey everybody! I am participating in a book meme called the Sunday Post which is being hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer!The goal of this meme is to share news you have  on various books and things you’ve read or received and also talk about what is coming up for your blog! Book hauls can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books and you can share these finds with other book bloggers!


Hey everyone! I'm starting to get back into doing Sunday Posts again and you may have noticed that I added a few new things for my Sunday Posts!  First off, I have added a new section called "Positive Things" where I talk about some of the good things that has happened to me in my life.  While things are looking bad right now, it's nice to try to focus on the positive things in life and use that to help you get through the most difficult aspects of life.  Secondly, I have redesigned the headings in these posts because I wanted them to match my newer designs for the blog and I think that these designs came out well!  It's always nice to try out new things on the blog!

Now, I'm about to go into a rant in a second:

~RANT~

So, everyone knows about the situation with J.K. Rowling and her transphobic statements.  When I heard about this news, I was beyond devastated because I love the Harry Potter series ever since I was little and this incident had put me in a difficult place: should I abandon the Harry Potter series because of J.K. Rowling's statements or should I stay with the series regardless?  I have decided to use the old "separate the author from their works" idea, because personally, I can't bring myself to abandon Harry Potter since that series was apart of my childhood and is one of my all time favorite book series.  However, I DO NOT support J.K. Rowling's views and so, I have decided to not have anything to do with J.K. Rowling or acknowledge her in anything Harry Potter related, unless she apologizes for her actions.  I honestly think that there should be a tweet on Twitter called #HarryPotterFansWhoSupportTransCommunity trending on Twitter.  So, how are you guys handling this situation?




  



Book Reviews





Miscellaneous



  

Book Photo Sundays Meme!

 

Looking for New Guest Posts! 

 

My TBR List!

 

  



Cover Spotlight Meme






My Beta Reading Services!










 



















One Word: HEALING.




*Nothing to report here!






 

How do you deal with badly behaving authors?








*So, here are some good things that happened to me recently!


* I have started a Fiverr account early this year and it's going pretty well!  I've been getting lots of orders for both my beta reading services and my Instagram services.  So, if you want me to beta read your work or post your book on my Instagram account, then hit me up on Fiverr!
* I visit my Doctor in August (as in, I had an at home chat with my doctor) and everything looks good!  My blood pressure and my blood sugar are in good standing, so I'm really happy about that!  I was actually worried about my health, but I'm so happy that everything is looking good for me!







☆ Caffeinated Reviewer is hosting the Ho-Ho-Ho Readathon!

★ Check out Read All the Things' wrap up post on  Wrap Up: September 2020

☆ Check out It Starts at Midnight's post on Monthly Minutes at Midnight: September 2020




Well, that's the Sunday News for today and I will have more news for the various books I've read in the near future!



Posted on Sunday, October 4, 2020.



💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕






💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕


24 comments:

  1. Hi Ronyell! Glad to see you've been keeping well and that the docs visit was a goodie! Always a relief. Yeah, with JKR I also took the view of separating the author, but I'm also refusing to support her... And that means actively ensuring I don't promote her books etc. I still have my books, my merch (which is obviously from stores not necessarily associated with JKR etc...) but I won't review her books or post photos of them nor will I talk nicely about the Wizarding world without a huge disclaimer. 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not promoting any of her books on my Instagram account at the moment since it's just going to stir up some controversy. Which is a shame because I still love Harry Potter, but I just can't accept her behavior.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing positive things! I completely understand where you are coming from with JK Rowling. I separated her from HP 3 or 4 years ago. She's so awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JK lives a mile away from me, she is definitely keeping her head down just now. I love the books and she has done a lot for our community but I do not like her as a person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about her. I love the Harry Potter books and I can't see myself abandoning the series. But I just don't support her views at all.

      Delete
  4. I love the positive section. I think we all need to keep looking at the positives in our lives. Excellent news about your doctor visit! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The JK Rowling stuff has been devastating. Harry Potter was a massive part of my childhood. I still love it, but the author doesn’t need any more of my money. I’m glad you’re healthy. Happy October!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I still love Harry Potter, but I won't be supporting her future works at this point. Happy October to you too!

      Delete
  6. I know many of us are very sad about JK Rowling. I'm glad you are able to make a decision about how to handle this that allows you to move forward.

    I like the positive things. I try to focus on this every day. It helps.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear the disappointment with Rowling especially since HP is such a beloved series. I'm sure what happened since I don't go on Twitter that much, and I haven't read the HP series so I didn't keep up.

    I think it's great to focus on the positive with all the negativity around. Much better for health!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean aobut having anger toward an author even though you admire or love their work. I just learned that a favorite author got a divorce and it sort of blew my impression of her. I know. A lot of people get divorces but for some reason this seemed out of character. Another author I admire has/had a big cocaine addiction. Ba! Ignore them as people. Love their books. It was a weird week. Here's what I have to say about it on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with this. I think it's better to just pay attention to their works then to them as people.

      Delete
  9. I try to mostly just read books for the sake of the book. Never mind the author. I have read The Ickabog and really enjoyed it.... And I am looking forward to the new Robert Gailbrath.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm also reading the Harry Potter series for the books alone.

      Delete
  10. Glad to hear your dr. appointment went well. It's always good to get the news that can set your mind at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your appointment went well. Good news! It's a tough one with J.K. Rowling. I hear ya. Sounds like you've come up with something that you can feel good about.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the positive things feature. I know sometimes it can be hard to see the positive with everything going on, but I think it's important we try.

    I hope you have a great weekend, Ronyell!

    The whole JK Rowling situation is just so sad. I don't condone the death and rape threats she's receiving, but I also don't agree with her stance on this issue. I have come to love the Harry Potter books and world over the years, and I understand your dilemma. Social media has been both a blessing and curse at connecting us with the artists/authors who create the work we come to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are times where I wished that social media didn't exist for this reason.

      Delete