Sunday, May 15, 2016

Bout of Books (16) Wrap Up!

Bout of Books 

Oh man, unfortunately I wasn't able to complete any books for this round of "Bout of Books" due to this week being very busy for me and therefore, not leaving me much time to read like I wanted to.  But, at least I was able to read up to 100 pages in a book for the read-a-thon, which in itself was an accomplishment.

So, here's a rundown of what I've been doing for this read-a-thon:


Day 1 (Monday, May 9, 2016): Introduce Yourself #insixwords

Books Read: 1
Pages Read: Read: 20 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
Notes:  I just gotten into the book "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman after hearing so many good things about this book that I just had to check it out and it's pretty interesting so far!

Day 2 (Tuesday, May 10, 2016):  Show Off Your Shelves Photo Challenge #shelfie4boutofbooks

Books Read: 0
Pages Read: 0
Notes:  I haven't been able to read anything today due to having so many things to do. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll do better!

Day 3 (Wednesday, May 11, 2016):  5 Favorites

 Everybody loves sharing favorites and now we're giving you free rein to do just that. Pick the topic of your choice and share your 5 favorite books that fit. Topics could be a favorite genre, a favorite trope, book boyfriends, or ANYTHING. There's no limit to where you can take this!

For this challenge, I'll do my top 5 Favorite book boyfriends!


1. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout:  I just loved Daemon Black!  He's such an intense yet interesting bad boy and I just can't get enough of him!
2. It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas: Marcus, Lord Westcliff is just an awesome hero and I really loved his back to back snarky dialogue with Lillian!
3.  Kiss An Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips: Alex Markov is honestly one of my most favorite Russian heroes in romance ever!



4. Easy by Tammara Webber: Lucas Maxfield is seriously one book boyfriend I would love to have as he is willing to protect anyone in trouble!
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Augustus Waters is seriously one of the most inspirational book boyfriends I would love to have!

Books Read: 1
Pages Read: Read: 20 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
Total Pages Read: 40 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
 Notes:  Pretty interesting so far! I think I'm starting to see what Seraphina really is!

Day 4 (Thursday, May 12, 2016):  If you like this, try this...

Books Read: 0
Pages Read: 0
Notes:  Still struggling trying to read for this challenge due to my job needing me for so many things.  Hopefully, I'll do better next time!


Day 5 (Friday, May 13, 2016):  Freaky Friday Photo Challenge #freakyboutofbooks


Books Read: 1
Pages Read: Read: 4 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
Total Pages Read: 44 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
 Notes:  Well, at least it's much better than yesterday and I don't know if I'll be able to complete this book by the end of this challenge, but hopefully I can read up to 100 pages tomorrow.


Day 6 (Saturday, May 14, 2016):  Share your favorite Bout of Books moment



With the read-a-thon starting to wind down, we want to see some of your favorite moments. These could be from past BoBs or the present one. Did you connect with someone who would later become your BFF and partner in crime? Did a favorite author retweet you? Were you recommended a book that changed your life? TELL US ABOUT IT!

Probably my favorite moment from the Bout of Books was being able to complete a book during the challenge just this year with "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen!  This was the first time that I had ever completed a book during a reading challenge and that was a huge accomplishment for me!

Books Read: 1
Pages Read:  46 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
Total Pages Read: 90 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
Notes:  Well! I'm finally back on track and this is continuing to be pretty interesting!


Day 7 (Sunday, May 15, 2016):  FREE DAY!

Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 20 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
Total Pages Read: 110 pages in "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
Notes:  Oh man, I wasn't able to finish this book for this challenge, but at least I've over 100 pages for one book for this challenge, which is a small accomplishment on my part!

No comments:

Post a Comment