Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday #96: Top 10 Things getting in the way of my reading time (or those ANNOYING Distractions)

 


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme that was formerly created at The Broke and the Bookish but has now moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. 





Follow me through Blogger and Bloglovin to reach this goal!



This week's top 10 Tuesday topic is Top 10 Things getting in the way of my reading time!


Man, do you ever want to read something, but there's so many things in life that distracts you from reading?  As someone who's constantly putting off reading books because of how busy my life tends to get, I have a lot of distractions in my life that prevents me from reading books (which is honestly a NIGHTMARE for me).

So, here are my top 10 Things getting in the way of my reading time (in no particular order of course)!








1. Video Games




As I mentioned before, I've been playing a lot of video games on Twitch lately and it has just been taking up a lot of my time.  So, I haven't been able to really read any books since I'm so distracted by video games.


2. YouTube




I have been on YouTube for many years and years ago, when I first got onto YouTube, I was able to balance out posting videos on YouTube and reading at the same time.  But, ever since I started putting more effort into my YouTube videos and I have actually started to edit the videos myself, it's been taking a lot of time out of my daily activities and I found myself not being able to read as much anymore as I used to.



3. Watching Movies and TV Shows




Another reason why I rarely read books these days is because I've been watching a lot of movies and TV shows lately.  Since I've taken such a huge interest in movies and TV shows lately, I rarely made time to read some books during that time.


4. Exercising





I've been trying to work out a lot more lately to lose some weight, so that pretty much cut into my reading time.


5. Cooking




I just love to cook a lot and whenever I'm feeling really hungry (which is all the time), I just get up and cook something and that usually cuts into my reading time.



6. Too Tired




You know when you want to read a book, but then all of a sudden, you start feeling so tired that you don't feel like reading (or doing anything) at that point?  That's how I've been feeling lately and unfortunately, every time I try to pick up a book, I immediately fall asleep while I'm reading a book!



7. Listening to Music




I love listening to music (like all the time) and sometimes, I just get so into the groove of the songs that I listen to, that I just get distracted and I rarely pay attention to anything else outside of the music that I listen to.



8. Instagram



I've been busy taking lots of pictures of the books I own and while I really enjoy taking pictures of my beauties, it takes away from my reading time constantly.


9. Freelance Work




So, I'm currently doing Beta Reading and posting up author's books on my Instagram account and because of that, I tend to be really busy with this work and it takes away a lot of time for reading for me.  If you want me to beta read your works or post up your books on my Instagram account, then contact me through FIVERR.


10. Twitch




So, you guys might have noticed that I've been talking a lot about Twitch lately and that's because I've been spending a lot of time on Twitch lately.  I've been playing video games on there, showing movies and watching other streamers and it's all been so fun!  So of course, this really distracted me from reading fully.




πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•






πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•





10 comments:

  1. Yeah I fall into the YouTube rabbit hole way too often! And I know that feeling of just being too tired to focus or feel like trying to focus. Happy Reading - whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very funny list of "excuses"--- I laughed my way through all your little gifs and memes. Thanks for visiting my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these can be distractions for me, too, but I work hard to keep reading #1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely feel the too tired thing, I used to read before bed but now I'm generally too tired and lacking focus to read before I go to sleep so I normally end up watching something on YouTube instead, when I don't immediately conk out. Watching TV also takes up a lot of my time, and blogging actually also takes away from a lot of my reading time.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/05/17/top-ten-tuesday-420/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I tend to get tired so much lately, which is why I rarely read these days (which is so sad).

      Delete
  5. Beta reading sounds fun! You can help correct a book's flaws before publication instead of criticizing them in a review later. LOL.

    Happy TTT (on a Friday)!

    ReplyDelete