Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday #123: Sherwood by Meagan Spooner




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Title:  Sherwood
Author:  Meagan Spooner
Expected Publication Date:  March 19th, 2019



Robin of Locksley is dead.

Maid Marian doesn’t know how she’ll go on, but the people of Locksley town, persecuted by the Sheriff of Nottingham, need a protector. And the dreadful Guy of Gisborne, the Sheriff’s right hand, wishes to step into Robin’s shoes as Lord of Locksley andMarian’s fiancé.

Who is there to stop them?

Marian never meant to tread in Robin’s footsteps—never intended to stand as a beacon of hope to those awaiting his triumphant return. But with a sweep of his green cloak and the flash of her sword, Marian makes the choice to become her own hero: Robin Hood.

A retelling of Robin Hood that stars Maid Marian?  Sounds cool!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

10 comments:

  1. I really like Robin Hood stories so it's exciting to see a gender switch version.

    My CWW & WWW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got an ARC of this one that I really need to pick up. I hope we both love it!

    CWW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story and I like the different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick! I don't know much about Robin Hood myself, and I think that played a part in me not totally enjoying this one. I hope you will positively love it once you read it though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will work perfect for a reading challenge I'm doing this year. I'm all up for this retelling.

    ReplyDelete