Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday #116: King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  King of Scars
Author:  Leigh Bardugo
Expected Publication Date:  January 29th, 2019



Nikolai Lantsov has always had a gift for the impossible. No one knows what he endured in his country’s bloody civil war—and he intends to keep it that way. Now, as enemies gather at his weakened borders, the young king must find a way to refill Ravka’s coffers, forge new alliances, and stop a rising threat to the once-great Grisha Army.

Yet with every day a dark magic within him grows stronger, threatening to destroy all he has built. With the help of a young monk and a legendary Grisha Squaller, Nikolai will journey to the places in Ravka where the deepest magic survives to vanquish the terrible legacy inside him. He will risk everything to save his country and himself. But some secrets aren’t meant to stay buried—and some wounds aren’t meant to heal.


I really need to read the Grisha series, but this sounds like an interesting read!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear so many good things about Bardugo, and I have Six of Crows on my Kindle and Crooked Kingdom on my shelf from a giveaway just waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for this book as well! I loved Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom so much, I'm so excited to read more of Bardugo's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author before. I hope you enjoy reading this one!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes! I SO can't wait to read this one...though I can honestly say it won't be until next year when I can binge the series! ;p

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds exciting. I want to grab it just because of that glorious cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you believe I haven't read a Bardugo book? I really need to start one sometime.

    ReplyDelete