Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #98: Companion of Darkness by C.J. Rutherford




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  Companion of Darkness
Author:  C.J. Rutherford
Expected Publication Date:  July 14th, 2018


Jesaela doesn’t want to leave her home, the forest and the Tree. She doesn’t want to leave her family, but she has no choice. 

The young faerie m
ust be the next companion to the Eldar Princess in the faraway Citadel, or else the Eldar will send the dragons to turn her home to cinder and ash. 

So Jes must travel alone to the den of darkness in search of the spell that binds the dragons to the Eldar king’s will, to try and free her people from bondage. 

If she succeeds, freedom and light will prevail, but if she fails, Darkness will consume them all.

Companion of Darkness is Book One in a new Epic Fantasy series set in the Neverwar Universe. Suitable for young adults of all ages.
 


This is like the first fantasy novel I've featured here and it sounds so exciting!  Dragons and curses?  Sign me up!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

19 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Totally new to me one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's new to me, and dragons? Yes please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not familiar with this book, but that is quite the excellent dragon on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually read this genre, but it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't read this genre that much either, but I am interested in the premise!

      Delete
  5. Sounds great! I'm always a sucker for dragon books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that seems like some serious high fantasy for sure and dragons...always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is new to me! I've not read an adult fantasy novel in some time. I hope you enjoy the book!

    Have a great day, Ronyell. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not usually into this kind of fantasy, but you're right it sounds great! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Ronyell, what an AMAZING pick!!! That cover is STUNNING!! And the plot sounds SO EXCITING!! <3 <3

    I'm adding this book to my Goodreads shelves RIGHT AWAY!! Thanks for featuring it!! <3 <3

    Thanks as well for commenting on my own CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this sounds like a great fantasy! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good fantasy novel. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete