Monday, January 11, 2016

Bout of Books (15) Wrap Up!






YAY!!! I actually completed a book during a read-a-thon!  This is honestly the first time that I had participated in the Bout of Books read-a-thon and I really enjoyed it!  It really helped me complete some books that I needed to read up on in the first place and it was great that I was able to finish up "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen during this challenge!  I really hope I do even better in the next "Bout of Books" challenge as I want to complete maybe 2 or 3 books the next time I do this challenge!

So, here's a rundown of what I've been doing for this read-a-thon:


Day 1 (Monday, January 4, 2015)

Books Read: 0
Pages Read: 0
Notes:  I haven't been able to read anything this day since I just signed up for this challenge, but hopefully by tomorrow, I will start reading up on "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen!

Day 2 (Tuesday, January 5, 2015): Would You Rather? Challenge

Hosted by: Writing My Own Fairy Tale

Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 40 pages in "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen
Notes: Wow! I got through 40 pages in "Scarlet!" I might actually get on the ball with this challenge!


Would you rather:
Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?

Answer: I would rather lend books to someone who dog-ears pages than who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers because the person with the cheesy fingers would mess up my book!
Would you rather:
Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?

Answer: I would like to meet one character of my choice, especially if that character happens to be Harry Potter!
Would you rather:
Never be allowed in a book store again or never be allowed in a library again?

Answer: I would rather never be allowed in a library again since at least if I was allowed in a book store, I can keep the books I buy and not have to worry about any books being messed up by anyone else.
Would you rather:
Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?

Answer: I would rather have one of my favorite characters die in their book then see a couple break up since I see too many romances break up over stupid reasons lately. 
Would you rather:
Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?

Answer: Hmmm...this is a toughie...I guess since Twilight is not well loved by the book community, I would rather read the Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of my life.


Day 3 (Wednesday, January 6, 2015): Rainbow Challenge

Hosted by: Ranty Runt of a Reader

Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 30 pages in "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen
Total Pages Read: 70 pages
Notes: Yeah, it's 10 pages less than what I read yesterday, but I'm still enjoying this book and I can't wait to finish it up!




Day 4 (Thursday, January 7, 2015): Villains Mash Up Challlenge

Hosted by: Bingeing on Books

Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 50 pages in "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen
Total Pages Read: 120 pages
Notes: Alright! I'm actually reading a lot more today than the past two days! I'm really flying through this challenge!


I definitely would love to see a fight between Lord Voldemort from "Harry Potter" and V'Lane from the "Fever" series!  It would be fantastic to see two powerful magical beings go at it!

Day 5 (Friday, January 8, 2015):

Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 30 pages in "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen
Total Pages Read: 150 pages
Notes: A little less than yesterday, but the story is really getting interesting!


Day 6 (Saturday, January 9, 2015): Comfy Reading Spot

Hosted by: Once Upon a Chapter



My favorite reading spot is on my bed by the window!  I just love reading by the window as I can see everything going on outside and I have a comfortable spot to read!

Books Read: 1
Pages Read:  20 pages in "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen
Total Pages Read:  170 pages
Notes: Didn't get much reading done today, but I think I'll be able to finish "Scarlet" tomorrow night!


Day 7 (Sunday, January 10, 2015) 
 
Books Read: 1
Books Completed: Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Pages Read:  37 pages in "Scarlet" by A.C. Gaughen
Total Pages Read:  207 pages
Notes: Yay!!! I finally finished reading "Scarlet" and it was great! Now, I'm moving onto "Simon vs. the Homo sapiens Agenda!"

No comments:

Post a Comment