Monday, December 18, 2017

☀Daily Book Chat #21: ☀ Christmas Books…Do you read them during the holidays?






 Hello everyone! Welcome to my  ☀Daily Book Chat☀ where I do some SERIOUS discussions that fellow book fans will get a kick out of and relate their thoughts about the subject to other book fans!


Today's discussion question is about: Christmas Books...Do you read them during the holidays?




It's the holidays and you just want to curl up around the fire and have a good book in hand.  But, what kind of book are you reading for this holiday season?


Well, since it's the holidays, it's the time to read books that have a Christmas theme or a holiday theme in order to prepare for the holidays, right? 

WELLLLL...YES AND NO.


From my standpoint on this issue, there are lots of holiday themed books that I want to read during the holidays.  However, because there are so many WONDERFUL books out there that are NOT holiday themed, I just tend to read the non-Christmas themed books during the holidays.

Is this a bad thing?  OF COURSE NOT!

To me, the holidays just allows me to read more books that I couldn't get to earlier and reading some Christmas or Holiday themed books is just an added bonus for me, especially whenever I get in the mood for some Christmas reads during the holidays!  So, I believe that with the holidays, you can get the best of both worlds by reading both holiday reads and regular reads, depending on what you are in the mood for.




Well, that's the daily chat of the day!  What about you?  Do you read any Christmas or Holiday themed books during the holidays or do you read non-holiday themed books during the holidays?  Please comment below!




Annnnnnddddd....as always everybody:



HAPPY READING, BOOK FANS!!!!









8 comments:

  1. I don't typically read many Christmas themed books either. They're just not what I'm interested in most of the time. But I have read a few cute ones!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel alone. Right now I'm reading horror and suspense books. LOL It's weird, but I tend to read holiday books in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like to read a few Christmas-themed books, but, for the most part, I do just keep reading my norm, which is sci-fi/fantasy. Anyway, if I tried to read just Christmas themed books, I'd run out really quickly because I really only read SFF, and Christmas-themed SFF is kind of hard to find lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Since Christmas books tend to be scarce at times, I usually end up reading books that are not Christmas themed during the holidays.

      Delete
  4. When the holidays hit. I actually don't get time to read. I'm hosting family and so my free time is null. I do wish I could read more at this time of year. When I do get a chance to read it's anything. I don't do seasonal reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. I just tend to read whatever falls into my lap at the moment.

      Delete