Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #15: Top 10 Books I Would Love to See as Movies/TV Shows


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

So today’s Top Ten Tuesday theme is my top 10 Books I would love to see as movies/TV shows!


So, here's my top 10 books I would love to see as movies/TV shows (in no particular order).

1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


I've always loved the tight-knit friendship between the main characters and the fact that the setting of this book is in Australia.  So, I would definitely love to see a movie based on this book where we are actually shown the beauty of Australia through live action!



2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor


I just loved the magical universe that Karou lives in and I would love to see such creatures like the chimera and the angels make it on the big screen!

3. The Fool and the Flying Ship by Eric Metaxas


This is the one story from the Rabbit Ears series that I really wanted to get its own TV series since it has so much potential for many story lines for the characters and the character designs and the humor would really appeal to a wide audience!

4. The Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman


I have really enjoyed reading Neil Gaiman's comic book series "The Sandman" and even though I have heard rumors that there might be a movie franchise coming out soon, I would love to see Dream make his debut on the big screen!

5. The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta



Even though we need to get "Saving Francesca" on the big screen first since it is the first book in Melina Marchetta's "Saving Francesca" series, I would love it even more if we get "The Piper's Son" on the big screen since I really enjoyed Thomas' story and it would be awesome to see who would play Thomas on the big screen!

6. American Gods by Neil Gaiman



Another fantastic book from Neil Gaiman that I would love to see get it's own movie, especially since the world that Shadow lives in is so exciting and intense and I would love to see how all the creatures in this book like the various gods, are being made onto the big screen.

7. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins



Another book that is apart of a series, I would definitely love to see Lola and Cricket make it on the big screen since I loved their chemistry in the book and it would be so awesome to see that relationship appear in the movie!

8. Cinder by Marissa Meyer



Who wouldn't want to see a steampunk version of Cinderella on the big screen and from the looks of some of the fan photos I've seen from this book, I am definitely hyped up for a movie version of this book!

9. Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas



Probably my favorite book so far from Lisa Kleypas' "Travises" series and Haven and Hardy would be the perfect couple to incorporate onto the big screen!

10. Kiss An Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips




Oh my gosh!  Who wouldn't want to see a Russian male protagonist doing various stunts in the circus while pursing an innocent young woman who wants to show him the true meaning of love on the big screen?



So, what books do you want to see as a movie or a TV series? Please feel free to comment below!


Posted on Tuesday, June 2, 2015


 

2 comments: