Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Waiting on Wednesday #229: Ghost Roast by Shawnelle Gibbs and Shawnee Gibbs and All These Sunken Souls by Circe Moskowitz

Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!











Follow me through Blogger and Bloglovin to reach this goal!






This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:




Ghost Roast

By: Shawnelle Gibbs and Shawnee Gibbs

Expected Publication Date: October 10th, 2023

Buy on:   Amazon (Kindle)
Amazon (Paperback)


An exciting paranormal adventure that blends lost histories, first crushes, and the impossible task of fitting in with the cool kids when your dad is a ghost hunter. Perfect for fans of THE OKAY WITCH and ANYA'S GHOST.

The fact that this graphic novel is similar to "Anya's Ghost" is enough to get me to read this graphic novel!  I really loved reading "Anya's Ghost" years ago and I've been dying to read another horror graphic novel again!





All these Sunken Souls

By: Circe Moskowitz

Expected Publication Date: October 17th, 2023

Buy on:  Amazon (Kindle)



The stories in All These Sunken Souls explore horror through a blend of genres—from the thoughtful to the terrifying—as the reader wanders farther and farther from reality.

By delivering a multitude of profound nightmares, this YA horror anthology by established and debut authors contains something for every horror fan—and for anyone who dares to open these pages. From haunted Victorian mansions, temporal monster-infested asylums, ravaging zombie apocalypses, to southern gothic hoodoo practitioners, the anthology features stories from Kalynn Bayron, Donyae Coles, Ryan Douglass, Sami Ellis, Brent Lambert, Ashia Monet, Circe Moskowitz, Joel Rochester, Liselle Sambury, and Joelle Wellington.

All These Sunken Souls tackles a genre that historically has tokenized and exploited Black characters and opens discussion on how horror translates into the current time we live in.

Wow!  It's been awhile since I last read an anthology book and this set of horror stories sounds really interesting to me!






So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!



πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•






πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•






16 comments:

  1. I think both my daughter and I would enjoy Ghost Roast. We love those types of graphic novels. All these Sunken Souls sounds really good too! I hope you enjoy both of these, Ronyell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both look like fun reads! I hope that you enjoy both of these Ronyell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picks! These are new to me ones! I hope you enjoy them once you get to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All These Sunken Souls looks great and when I went to Amazon to look it up, I found another horror anthology coming out in April 2024 I need as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books look good. Hope you enjoy them both! I got the email notification of your post on my WoW, but when I went to look for it, I couldn't find it. Just wanted you to know I wasn't blocking you. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I tend to have problems with the comments showing up in my posts too.

      Delete
  6. Both of these books sound great! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look like great fun for October spookiness! I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All These Sunken Souls looks SO good, that is one I am very excited for too! Ghost Roast is new to me, but it looks adorable! I may have to pick that one up for my kids. Hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete