Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #93: The Supervillain and Me by Danielle Banas




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Title:  The Supervillain and Me
Author:  Danielle Banas
Expected Publication Date:  July 10th, 2018


As witty as it is heartpounding, this fresh take on the beloved superhero genre is all about finding your own way to shine even when it seems everyone else around you is, well... super.
Never trust a guy in spandex.
In Abby Hamilton’s world, superheroes do more than just stop crime and save cats stuck in trees—they also drink milk straight from the carton and hog the television remote. Abby’s older brother moonlights as the famous Red Comet, but without powers of her own, following in his footsteps has never crossed her mind.
That is, until the city’s newest vigilante comes bursting into her life.
After saving Abby from an attempted mugging, Morriston’s fledgling supervillain Iron Phantom convinces her that he’s not as evil as everyone says, and that their city is under a vicious new threat. As Abby follows him deeper into their city’s darkest secrets, she comes to learn that heroes can’t always be trusted, and sometimes it’s the good guys who wear black.
Chosen by readers like you for Macmillan's young adult imprint Swoon Reads, The Supervillain and Me is a hilarious, sweet, and action-packed novel by debut author Danielle Banas that proves no one is perfect, not even superheroes.

A love story about falling in love with a villain and the heroes may be the bad guys?  Count me in!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

21 comments:

  1. Great pick! I haven't heard about this one before but it sounds like such a fun read! I hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one around, looks a lot of fun. ;)

    Here's mine for today: http://bit.ly/2M1RzBm

    Luv Sass x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fun. I think I'm gonna add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this sounds like a lot of fun! I'm adding it to my wishlist. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me but sounds good!! Hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! This was one of my picks a few weeks ago. I love the whole concept and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun pick! I recently saw this one on Goodreads - or somewhere, and thought it looked really fun. Hope you enjoy when you are able to read this one, Roynell. (Plus, that cover is really cuuute!!)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this sounds like such a cute, FUNNY read! And I LOVE how it turns the superhero theme on its head! So count me in, too!! :) :)

    Thanks for commenting on my own CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd seen this one but hadn't read the synopsis. Definitely sounds like a book I'll enjoy, so on my tbr it goes... :)

    ReplyDelete