Monday, September 2, 2019

☀Daily Book Chat #35:☀ My Brand New Beta Reading Service!





 Hello everyone! Welcome to my  ☀Daily Book Chat☀ where I do some SERIOUS discussions that fellow book fans will get a kick out of and relate their thoughts about the subject to other book fans!

Today's discussion question is My Brand New Beta Reading Service!






I know, I know.  Are you tooting your own horn on this?  Mmm...maybe...

But on a SERIOUS note, I have been reading books like my ENTIRE life and I wanted to try my hand in helping upcoming authors on improving their works before they send it out to the WONDERFUL world of book publishing!  So, I had actually started a BETA READING SERVICE a few years back to help out authors with their works before they are published. But unfortunately, the word hasn't quite spread out the way that I planned.  So, I'm going to try another tactic in spreading the word...THROUGH BLOG POSTS...LIKE THIS ONE!


What's BETA READING, you ask?




Well, Beta Reading is basically when a blogger, an author...basically ANYONE, looks over your finished or unfinished manuscript and provide CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM on your work.  Of course, the beta reader is not looking at your work as an editor or as a proofreader, but as a fellow READER.  Beta Reading involves you looking over various elements in the work, such as DIALOGUE, PLOT, PACING, CHARACTERIZATION, PLAUSIBILITY and INCONSISTENCY and you give out your feedback on the work and discuss about what works, what doesn't work and what needs to be improved on.


So, now that I talked about what BETA READING is all about, let's talk about what I could do for you!  Since I've been reviewing books for the past 7 YEARS (so technically, I've been reviewing books since 2012.  Man, that's a LONG time)!  I have A LOT of experience in analyzing the PROS and CONS of the works in general.  I also like to give out HONEST opinions about the works that I read because LYING about my feelings on a work is not going to give the work (or me) any CREDIBILITY.   So, expect some HONESTY coming from me when I review your work.  However, when I say that I'm going to be HONEST in my opinions about your work, that doesn't mean that I'm going to be DOWNRIGHT OFFENSIVE or HARDCORE with you.  I understand that some writers are just starting out and sometimes mistakes can happen with their works.  But, the whole goal of this BETA READING is to help writers improve on their works and make them more accessible to ALL READERS.  




Alright, so I just talked about the HONEST OPINIONS aspect of BETA READING and now, you are probably wondering: what GENRES and DEMOGRAPHICS do I prefer beta reading?  Well, I prefer to beta read the following genres and demographics:

1. YOUNG ADULT
2. CHILDREN'S BOOKS
3. HORROR
4. FANTASY
5. ROMANCE (PARANORMAL, CONTEMPORARY and PARANORMAL)
6. MYSTERY
7. GRAPHIC NOVELS
8. ADULT

And as for genres that I WON'T DO, they are:

1. NON FICTION
2. MEMOIRS
3. EROTICA

Alright!  So now that I pretty much laid out the GROUND RULES for my BETA READING SERVICES, let's provide some good ole LINKS, shall we?

So, if you want to check out what kind of BETA READING SERVICES that I have, then check out my gig over at Fiverr at:



Once more with feeling, that's:




So, are you interested?  Then please check out my Beta Reading Services!  And let me know in the comments down below, how do you feel about Beta Reading Services?  Are they actually helpful in providing criticisms on authors' works before they are published?  Or are they not that good?  

And do you have your own BETA READING SERVICES? If you do, what blog or website do you host your own BETA READING SERVICES?



And as always:




HAPPY READING, BOOK FANS!!!!









2 comments: