Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Teaser Tuesday #10: The Golden Son Has Returned!



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia of The Purple Booker.  Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!






Title: Golden Son

Author:  Pierce Brown

Year Published: 2015


Publisher: Gale Cengage Learning (Large Print)

Genre: Science Fiction , Action, Fantasy

Reading Level:  Young Adult



With shades of The Hunger GamesEnder’s Game, and Game of Thrones, debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation.

Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within.

A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Son guarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices.


"I am of the gens Julii." She stands slowly, anger uncoiling like a razor.  "My family trades in commerce enough to buy continents.  Who could afford to purchase my honor?  If...one day I become your enemy, I will tell you.  And I will tell you why."
"Everyone's honest til they're caught in a lie."
Her laugh is husky and makes me feel small and boyish, reminding me she's seven years older than I.  "Then stay, Reaper.  Trust in chance.  Trust in friends.  Hide here till someone buys your contract, and pray they didn't do it just to serve you up to the Bellona like a suckling pig."
I weigh the odds and extend a hand to help her up. "Well, when you put it that way..." 
 
After I finished reading "Red Rising," I really wanted to pick up the sequel "Golden Son" and I'm loving it so far!!!


Do you have a book that you are currently reading that you would like to show to everyone else?  Please feel free to post your Teaser Tuesday in the comments below and I'll check them out! 

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm... this one sounds pretty good. Thank you for sharing!!
    My teaser is from: King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I can't wait to pick up this series myself... Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just reminded me I need to read this. I loved the first book and grabbed this one right quick. Then I forgot it on my shelf. So many books.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teaser is great and so is the cover!

    https://carabosseslibrary.wordpress.com/2017/11/08/teaser-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete