Hey everyone! This is a meme that was created by the folks over at Sugar and Snark called "Cover Characteristic" and here are the rules for this meme:
Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite covers with that characteristic. If you want to join in and share your 5 favorite covers with the weeks particular characteristic, then just make a post, grab the meme picture (or make your own) and leave your URL in Linky (so we can visit). You don’t even need to participate, just stopping by and saying hi would be great! Don’t forget to stop by the other participants!
This week's theme is: Footprints!
1. Reign the Earth (The Elementae #1) by A.C. Gaughen : I admit that this week was really hard to pick out the best ones, since all the covers for this week were fantastic, but I eventually went with this cover! I just loved the way that the cover sort of glows and the footprints in the sand really complement the beauty of this cover!
2. The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats: This was an old school classic and I had to add it to this list since it's so cute seeing a small child look back at the footprints they made in the snow!
3. The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #15) by M.V. Carey : I just loved the look of footprints that are actually on fire on the ground as it made this cover really creative to look at!
4. The Devil's Footprints by Amanda Stevens: The cover looks so ominous as you know there are footprints on the ground, but it's so obscured from view that it makes this cover look really creepy!
5. Footprints in the Sand (Wedding Cake Mystery #3) by Mary Jane Clark : It may not show any footprints per se, but I loved seeing the sandals being dug up in the sand and the reflection of the sandals in the water.