Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #33: Now I Rise by Kiersten White




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:







Title:  Now I Rise
Author:  Kiersten White
Expected Publication Date:  June 27th, 2017  



Lada Dracul has no allies. No throne. All she has is what she’s always had: herself. After failing to secure the Wallachian throne, Lada is out to punish anyone who dares to cross her blood-strewn path. Filled with a white-hot rage, she storms the countryside with her men, accompanied by her childhood friend Bogdan, terrorizing the land. But brute force isn’t getting Lada what she wants. And thinking of Mehmed brings little comfort to her thorny heart. There’s no time to wonder whether he still thinks about her, even loves her. She left him before he could leave her.

What Lada needs is her younger brother Radu’s subtlety and skill. But Mehmed has sent him to Constantinople—and it’s no diplomatic mission. Mehmed wants control of the city, and Radu has earned an unwanted place as a double-crossing spy behind enemy lines. Radu longs for his sister’s fierce confidence—but for the first time in his life, he rejects her unexpected plea for help. Torn between loyalties to faith, to the Ottomans, and to Mehmed, he knows he owes Lada nothing. If she dies, he could never forgive himself—but if he fails in Constantinople, will Mehmed ever forgive him?

As nations fall around them, the Dracul siblings must decide: what will they sacrifice to fulfill their destinies? Empires will topple, thrones will be won . . . and souls will be lost.

I haven't read the first book "And I Darken" yet, but this definitely sounds like an interesting read and I'll read it as soon as I read the first book!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

30 comments:

  1. Love the cover and it sounds really interesting. Look forward to hearing how you like this book!

    Renee' - My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! I still need to read the first one! Hope to love this one as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not start this series, but one of my co-bloggers did. I have heard good things.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I Darken was one of my favorite books last year. I cannot wait for this one! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a popular choice this week. So many people love the first one so I'm sure this one will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read the first book for the past 3 months but I can't seem to read fast enough to fit it into my monthly tbr! I'm going to try extra hard to get to it because I'm excited for this sequel despite that I haven't read the first book yet!

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this book too! I didn't totally love And I Darken, but I enjoyed it, and I am really excited about this sequel. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic week, Ronyell. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm right there with you! I haven't read the first book yet, but it is pretty high up there. Plus, the covers don't hurt. :) Here is my WoW for the week.

    Have a great rest of your week Ronyell!

    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds very interesting!! Great pick!
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not know this sequel was coming out this soon! I am not intending to read this series, but I know a lot of people who will be excited to hear this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for this one. I liked the first book but I didn't love it, so hopefully this one is a lot better.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the first book yet, but I hope this book turns out good!

      Delete
  12. Oh yes I'm excited for this one as well! I enjoyed the first book and I'm curious how things will play out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great minds think alike - this was my pick this week as well :) I can't wait to see what happens to Lada, Radu, and Mehmet next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT pick, Ronyell!! I haven't read the first one, either, but I do have it on my TBR. Now I'm going to add this one! Thanks for the heads up!!

    Also, thanks for visiting, and commenting on my "Can't Wait Wednesday" post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read And I Darken yet either but everyone sure seems to rave about this series! Maybe someday. :)

    ReplyDelete