Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #30: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:




 
 
 

Title:  When Dimple Met Rishi
Author:  Sandhya Menon
Expected Publication Date:  May 30th, 2017


 


A laugh-out-loud, heartfelt YA romantic comedy, told in alternating perspectives, about two Indian-American teens whose parents have arranged for them to be married. 


Dimple Shah has it all figured out. With graduation behind her, she’s more than ready for a break from her family, from Mamma’s inexplicable obsession with her finding the “Ideal Indian Husband.” Ugh. Dimple knows they must respect her principles on some level, though. If they truly believed she needed a husband right now, they wouldn’t have paid for her to attend a summer program for aspiring web developers…right? 

Rishi Patel is a hopeless romantic. So when his parents tell him that his future wife will be attending the same summer program as him—wherein he’ll have to woo her—he’s totally on board. Because as silly as it sounds to most people in his life, Rishi wants to be arranged, believes in the power of tradition, stability, and being a part of something much bigger than himself. 

The Shahs and Patels didn’t mean to start turning the wheels on this “suggested arrangement” so early in their children’s lives, but when they noticed them both gravitate toward the same summer program, they figured, Why not? 
Dimple and Rishi may think they have each other figured out. But when opposites clash, love works hard to prove itself in the most unexpected ways.  


A book that stars Indian - American teenagers!  This would be the first novel that I had read that had an Indian - American protagonist and I'm really excited about reading a book with diverse characters!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

31 comments:

  1. This one is on my list too. I hope we both love it!!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love diverse books, it makes me so happy to see one like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing this book everywhere! The blurb has me curious too. Sounds really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this one looks and sounds really cute! I've seen the cover around, but to be honest, I'm not sure I've ever stopped to read the synopsis! Thanks for featuring this one, and for visiting Finding Wonderland, Ronyell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am super excited for this book too. When I got approved for the DRC, I almost cried.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one around quite a bit recently, and it does look really good! Hope you enjoy :)
    Thanks for visiting my WoW yesterday!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is definitely on everyone's radar! I hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah!! I'm waiting on this AWESOME novel, too!! GREAT pick!!

    Thanks for commenting on my CWW post!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's great that we are seeing more diversity in books. I think this one is already on my wishlist - it was the cover that initially drew me in. I want to know why that girl is so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS LOOKS SO CUTE. I can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I like the sound of this for sure. I think the dual POVs on this will really be the selling point. Will have to keep it in mind closer to release for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't usually read contemporary YA (most of my YA reads are fantasy), but have been wanting to read more stories with diverse characters. The blurb sounds appealing, so I think I'll add it to my library wishlist. Thanks for highlighting it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this book around a lot. It sounds really good. Hopefully we both get the chance to read it :)
    Have a good week
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one that sounds like it will be really cute. I want to definitely get it for my high school students in my library. Thanks for stopping by my Wednesday post at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited because I just got approved to read this book! Finally! It's been months. But I'm grateful to have the opportunity. I'm Indian, and, well, #ownvoices. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! So sorry for the late reply! Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete