Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday #146: Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Title:  Crown of Coral and Pearl
Author:  Mara Rutherford
Expected Publication Date:  August 27th, 2019


For generations, the princes of Ilara have married the most beautiful maidens from the ocean village of Varenia. But though every girl longs to be chosen as the next princess, the cost of becoming royalty is higher than any of them could ever imagine…

Nor once dreamed of seeing the wondrous wealth and beauty of Ilara, the kingdom that’s ruled her village for as long as anyone can remember. But when a childhood accident left her with a permanent scar, it became clear that her identical twin sister, Zadie, would likely be chosen to marry the Crown Prince—while Nor remained behind, unable to ever set foot on land.

Then Zadie is gravely injured, and Nor is sent to Ilara in her place. To Nor’s dismay, her future husband, Prince Ceren, is as forbidding and cold as his home—a castle carved into a mountain and devoid of sunlight. And as she grows closer to Ceren’s brother, the charming Prince Talin, Nor uncovers startling truths about a failing royal bloodline, a murdered queen… and a plot to destroy the home she was once so eager to leave.

In order to save her people, Nor must learn to negotiate the treacherous protocols of a court where lies reign and obsession rules. But discovering her own formidable strength may be the one move that costs her everything: the crown, Varenia and Zadie.


Oooh! A young woman has to save her home from an evil kingdom!  Can't wait to read this book soon!



So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!



21 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to reading this one as well! I hope you love it, Ronyell! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on another blog as well and fell for the cover. It sounds really good too. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Seeing a lot of this one, so naturally, I'm keeping an eye on it! Hope you love it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new one to me but it does sound like it will be a great book! I hope you get the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome! I love the gorgeous cover too. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been really curious about this one! I haven't heard much about it from anyone, but it has a really interesting premise. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one I'm wanting to read as well. I'm on the tour for it, but not a review stop. Great pick!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this cover and the blurb sounds so good!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is a beauty and I LOVE the summary. That sounds like one heck of a great read. Thanks for sharing and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one has such a beautiful cover, and sounds like another great read! Great pick. Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds really good. Hope you love it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete