Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday #145: The Stolen Kingdom by Bethany Atazadeh




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!







This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Title:  The Stolen Kingdom
Author:  Bethany Atazadeh
Expected Publication Date:  August 20th, 2019


How can she protect her kingdom, if she can’t protect herself? 

Arie eagerly anticipates becoming Queen of her humble kingdom. Even when a Jinni’s Gift manifests before her 18th birthday, she fights to hide the forbidden ability.

But when a neighboring king attempts to marry her and steal her kingdom, discovery feels imminent. Just one slip could cost her throne. And her life. 

A Jinni hunter and his crew of thieves are her only hope for removing this Gift. And she must remove it before it’s exposed. Or die trying.

The Stolen Kingdom is a loose “Aladdin” retelling. Set in a world that humans share with Mermaids, Dragons, and the elusive Jinni, this isn’t the fairytale you remember…


Oooh! An "Aladdin" retelling!  I just love fairy tale retellings and this one sounds really interesting!



So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!



18 comments:

  1. This is a new one to me but I love that cover! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cover, and I love retellings! Great Pick!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cover. It sounds like an interesting retelling. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous cover! Sounds like a great retelling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read much fantasy but this genre seems to have some of the best covers. Enjoy your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastical cover! And I don't think I've read any Aladdin retellings before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to your post, but wow, this one sounds really good! I do love retellings as well. And that cover is beautiful! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post last week on Lisa Loves Literature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is new to me, but that cover is awesome!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete