Friday, September 28, 2018

Fairy Tale and Folktale Fridays #31: Once a Mouse...



Hey there!  Welcome to "Fairy Tale and Folktale Fridays," a new feature on my blog where I discuss about some fairy tales and folktales I have read throughout the years. 



Once a Mouse...





 


Type: Folktale

Country of Origin: India

Main Character Hero or Heroine: Hero

Recommend?: Yes! 




The story started off with a wise old hermit thinking about big and little, when suddenly, he sees a mouse being chased by a crow and he ends up saving the mouse from the crow.  From then on, the hermit started taking care of the mouse until a cat came into the clearing and was about to eat the mouse until the hermit changed the mouse into an even bigger cat. Afterwards, the mouse kept getting threatened with a bigger animal until the hermit finally transformed the mouse into a tiger and the tiger, who was once a mouse, starts taking advantage of its huge size.




I really enjoyed this story!  I loved the fact that this story discusses about how you should show other people gratitude whenever they help you out and I always loved the fact that this story takes place in India since I love reading stories that take place in India!



1. Is it important to show gratitude to people who helped you out?


Yes, it's definitely important to show people gratitude when they helped you out because not only would it be so rude not to do so, but you would have been hurt or worse if that person didn't help you out.

2. If you wanted to change into an animal, what animal would you like to change into?

I would most definitely like to change into an eagle or a lion!  I want to be an eagle because I would love to learn how to fly and I would like to change into a lion because they are some of the strongest animals in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment