Thursday, August 30, 2018

☀Daily Book Chat #29:☀ My Trip to Soda City Comic Con...AGAIN!!!





 Hello everyone! Welcome to my  ☀Daily Book Chat☀ where I do some SERIOUS discussions that fellow book fans will get a kick out of and relate their thoughts about the subject to other book fans!

Today's topic is: My Experience at the SODA CITY COMIC CON!!!




Yet, another UNUSUAL post that is not exactly about books per se (although it kind of is, because I did go GUNG HO crazy at buying books at comic con), but I wanted to share the PURE EXCITEMENT that I got from going to this year's Soda City Comic Con with my fellow book bloggers!  As you may have noticed, this is the second year that I went to Soda City Comic Con (and definitely WON'T be the LAST)!  So if you want to check out my adventures at the Soda City Comic Con last year, then feel free to view this post for your viewing pleasure!




1.  Just Me and Some Cosplayers!







YAAAYYY!!! I finally got the chance to take pictures of me with some cosplayers!  Last year, I wasn't able to take too many pictures of the cosplayers, but I was able to this year!  I really loved taking that picture with the No-Face cosplayer since I really love the movie "Spirited Away" and I really wanted to have a picture taken with No-Face (although he still CREEPS me out to this very day)!  I also finally got the picture with one of the Star Wars droids that I've been trying like CRAZY to get a picture of!


2.   More Cosplaying Madness!










As I mentioned before, I finally got more photos of the cosplayers this year and I have to admit that there were a lot of AWESOME cosplaying going on here!  I especially loved the Batman and Batgirl, Iron Man and Darth Vader costumes the best!  *Sigh* I wish I was able to take a pic of Reptar though....


3. Meeting the Celebs!!!












What made this year SO MUCH BETTER than last year was that I was able to meet SO MANY AMAZING celebrities this year!  I've met Mike Colter (who plays Luke Cage and look, even my sister got a picture with him), Billy West (who's well known for voicing cartoon characters like Fry from "Futurama" and Ren and Stimpy and Vic Mignogna (who's well known for voicing various anime characters such as Ed from "Fullmetal Alchemist" and Tamaki from "Ouran High School Host Club")!  I had so much fun meeting these guys and they were all such nice and fun people to hang around with!


4. The Panels!!






(I think I'm getting better at taking pictures of the panels)!  I really enjoyed both panels involving Billy West and Vic Mignogna!  They were both so much fun and in the second photo, I was able to get a picture of Reptar (although from the back)!


HAUL TIME!!





YAAYY!!! Here's my haul from Soda City Comic Con!  I got a lot of AWESOME items from the comic con, such as graphic novel editions of Wolverine: Old Man Logan and the first volume of Daniel Way's run on Deadpool!  I also got me a nice Alana from "Saga" funko pop and an awesome Batman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster from the comic con!  I also got an autographed photo of Vic Mignogna himself and some awesome superhero bookmarks that included Storm, Goku and Harley Quinn and Joker! 



So, overall, I had a FUN and FANTASTIC time at Soda City Comic Con this year and I believe that this year was SO MUCH BETTER than last year due to the numerous celebrities I was able to meet this year!  I'm hoping to go back to comic con next year and meet even more famous people!



So, what are your thoughts on all this?  Have you been to a comic con before? Please feel free to answer down below!


Annnnnnddddd....as always everybody:




HAPPY READING, BOOK FANS!!!!






1 comment: