Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday #64: Top 10 Books That Take Place In Another Country


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme that was formerly created at The Broke and the Bookish but has now moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. 


This week's top 10 Tuesday topic is "Top 10 Books That Takes Place in Another Country!"  I just LOVE reading books that take place in another country because 1) I'm a HUGE supporter for learning about other countries and 2) I get to experience a WHOLE NEW WORLD whenever I'm reading books that take place in another country (or if we want to go further, ANOTHER PLANET)!

So, here's my top 10 Books that Take Place in Another Country (in no particular order, of course)!



1.  The Deal of a Lifetime by Fredrik Backman (Sweden)








.

2.  The Duke and I by Julia Quinn (Britain)







3. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (Britain)







4. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (Britain)








5.  Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt (Britain)








6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Czech Republic)






7.  The Pleasure of Your Kiss by Teresa Medeiros (Morocco) 






7.  Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (Ireland) 












9. The Bride by Julie Garwood (Scotland) 







10. The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis (Germany) 






15 comments:

  1. I only even include YA books on my list, but Backman's books didn't even cross my mind. I read, and loved, Britt-Marie Was Here. I really need to read more of his books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read one book of his so far. I"m definitely planning on reading A Man Called Ove soon!

      Delete
  2. You’ve read from quite a variety of places! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I need to try Backman - I really enjoyed the movie adaptation of A Man Called Ove, so I'll probably start with that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know there was a movie adaptation of A Man Called Ove! I need to check it out!

      Delete
  4. Yes the Daughter of Smoke and Bones made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing Daughter of Smoke and Bone on everyone's lists. I still need to read it. Gosh. I'm so behind on my TBR. Hopefully I can get to it soon.

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh Morocco, I would love to read a book set in Morocco! It's so beautiful, definitely a great book setting. And I need to read DoSaB too, especially because the Czech Republic setting sounds great. Fabulous choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard really good things about Laini's books, but haven't read any of them. A friend used to talk about Neil Gaiman's books quite a lot too, but I've never read one.

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have visited so many places thanks to the books I read! It is a great way to travel and immerse oneself in another culture, at least for a short time, isn't it? I love Gaiman's novels. Neverwhere was amazing. I haven't read the particular Backman book you mention yet, but I hear it is really good. Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete