Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #40: One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus




Hello everyone! "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that is hosted by Breaking the Spine and the purpose of this event is that we spotlight upcoming releases of books that we are excited for!  This will also tie into Wishful Ending's Can't Wait Wednesday post!





This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Title:  One of Us is Lying
Author:  Karen M. McManus
Expected Publication Date:  May 30th, 2017  




One of Us Is Lying is the story of what happens when five strangers walk into detention and only four walk out alive. Everyone is a suspect, and everyone has something to hide.

Pay close attention and you might solve this.

On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention.

Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.

Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.

Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.

Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.

And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app.

Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention Simon's dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he’d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates, which makes all four of them suspects in his murder. Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who’s still on the loose?

Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them.

It's been awhile since I've read a mystery thriller and this book really sounds interesting and intense! I would love to know who killed Simon in this book too!


So, what upcoming books are you looking forward to?  Please respond below!

20 comments:

  1. Seeing a lot of this one around lately! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those YA books that I think I might like a lot. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing this one around quite a few places and I'm hoping my library gets a copy so I can read it. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like one that would keep me guessing the whole way through. Great pick!
    Check out my CWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty serious detention and definitely a nice spin on the usual murder/mystery. I hope you love it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am interested in reading this also. It sounds like it could be really good! I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one around and been curious, but I'm not 100% it'll be a "me" book. But I suspect I will read more about it as reviews by people I follow come in and make a decision then. Hope you enjoy this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seen this one around quite a bit recently! It looks really good :) Hope you enjoy when you read it!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when synopses are laid out like that. :D This book is new to me, though that surprises me. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a lovely week, Ronyell. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a five star read and put on my favorites shelf. I started reading it, and just couldn't stop. Excellent pick!
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm actually currently reading this one and it's a great read so far! Literally flying through the pages...

    ReplyDelete