Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #12: Top 10 Bookish Problems I Have



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

So today’s Top Ten Tuesday theme is my top 10 Bookish Problems that I Have!

So, here's my top 10 Bookish Problems that I have (in no particular order).

1.  Not being able to read all the books on my "To Be Read" shelf:  I have a lot of books on my TBR shelf and yet, even though I'm trying to read as many books as I can this year from my TBR shelf, I'm still far behind in reading up on all of the books on my TBR shelf because I wait so many years to actually pick up a book that was recommended to me since I'm usually lazy when it comes to reading books on time.

2.  Trying to find books that are not in a series:  It seems that nowadays whenever I want to pick up a young adult novel or a romance novel, they are in a series and that's problematic for me because either my library doesn't have all the books in the series or I have to pay a fortune just to get the entire series for myself.

3.  Not being able to read several books at one time:  This was a problem I had for years now and even though I can easily read three to four picture books or graphic novels at one time, I can't seem to read several chapter books at one time since I get worried about having to remember exactly what I read in one book and then pick up another book to read.  I would have probably been up to 50 books by now if I can just conquer this problem.

4.  Having a hard time finding cheap prices for books: The only books I can find cheap prices for are books that have been used and while I'm okay with that for the most part, I would like to find cheaper prices of newer books so I could catch up with the book crowd whenever a new book is released.

5. Still haven't used an E-book: I mostly read books as they are, but I have been dying to try out the E-books and yet, I never find the strength to actually try out an e-book and see if they would broaden my reading experience more.

6.  Not being able to read all my library books: I usually get a ton of books from the library and yet, I can never finish all of the books I've brought from the library since there's so many of them and I have trouble deciding on which book I want to read first or last.

7.  Staying Up late to finish a book: I've had this problem many times where I would stay up late just to finish one book, even though I have to work in the mornings.

8.  Waiting for years for the sequel to come out:  This is a big pet peeve of mine where I would read this awesome book and I want to read more from the series, but then I realize that the sequel won't be out for another few years and I just have to wait impatiently for the sequel to come out!

9.  Can't find the books I want: Sometimes there's a book that I really want and I want to go to the bookstore or to the library to get that book.  But then, they ended up not having that book and I have to go all around the internet just to find the books I really want (that's how I found most of the Rabbit Ears series since the bookstores don't have them and the library doesn't have the whole series on hand).

10.  Falling Asleep while reading: This happens to me quite often as I pick up a really good book and just as I get to an interesting part, I suddenly feel sleepy and I fall asleep during the middle of the book!





So, what bookish problems do you have? Please feel free to comment below!



Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2015




5 comments:

  1. Staying up late is a problem for me too! I stay up to read but then I'm exhausted the next day. Great list.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with so many on this list. So many books, so little time and money. Love your book blog! Check out mine?

    Samantha @ Just A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really need to try out ebooks. Although it is nice to have a feel of the bulky pages, you also have so many pros!

    ReplyDelete